It's Derby Day!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeperofthehorses

Reaction score
C'mon, I know I won't be the only one in this gang watching, right? Who is your pick? I usually don't go with favorites, but I watched Brother Derik in a race a few weeks ago, and WOW!

I found this interesting article this morning. Some neato information about why horses are such great athletes. It looks like there are some other interesting horse links on it also. If the whole thing doesn't paste, the article is found in Yahoo News, Science and is called Horse Science: What makes a Kentucky Derby Winner (linked from LiveScience.com).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20060505/sc_...HBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

Beautiful weather here in Louisville for the derby today :aktion033: .............. I haven't picked my favorite yet. I usually go by the horses name - weird, unique whatever strikes my fancy...................... We're headed out to a derby barn party. The host is having a live country band & a margarita machine going..... Whole lota partying going on in Louisville today.
default_yes.gif
:

It's also my "Derby's" birthday
default_smile.png
Triple H Derby Day Miracle, born on the day of the Derby and almost didn't make it, is 6yo today
default_yes.gif
: He's fat as a mole right now but will induldge him in some carrots in honor of the occasion!

Yeah! I'm pulling for Sinister Minister. Our QH mare and he share a bond... way way back... Now, if he'll do the distance and do the come from behind, that he and some of his relatives did too.... Our QH is like that... lol... barely moves, but when she knows where we're headed.... she'll run like she's in the Derby... lol... just like her relatives.... and there I am.... body parts flapping all over the place.... lol...

God Bless those jockeys too....

I'm going for Barbaro!! The people down the road are having a Derby party and we are going to go in a while. Hopefully make a little money there too. :bgrin

We'll be watching, FOR SURE!
default_yes.gif
:

Here's our mare, Classy, when she raced at Cumberland Raceway, back when we were in Maine.

classyal.jpg

Hey, ML.....

WANNA RACE???? :aktion033:

UGH! Sure wish I could get over all this medical hooplah.... I can't be wasting TIME nursing m'woes all the time. I've got things to do!!! I wanna hop back in the saddle and RIDE!!!! :xreiter:

Er...in our case.... "ROLL".

classic40.gif

Hubby keeps telling me..."Soon Grasshopper", LOL.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

OMG!! I am soo happy!!! BARBARO WON!!!! He was amazing!!! :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

Latest posts

Back