IT'S A FILLY!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
choctaw%20filly%202011

When I got home from work today here she was! Choctaw did good. Beautiful little filly. She started bagging up last week and I fully expected she would go until around Valentines Day. But today at day 316 I got a SURPRISE! I never even saw stage one. She had bagged up much more this morning but had not been doing any of the normal lying around, yawning, nipping the sides, or anything to indicate onset of labor. I noticed her vulva was relaxed this morning but still thought she had a ways to go. Her belly had not not even taken on that pointy shape. I only set up the baby monitor camera yesterday so I did not even have to go through the sleepless nights of staring at the monitor. I have not even settled on a name yet! This little cutie is so calm and precious. I am so thrilled to get to use the pink foal blanket finally.
default_new_multi.gif

Many congratulations!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

But we need to see that picture.
default_yes.gif

how exciting!! congratulations!!!

can we see some more pics? it isn't coming up sorry lol

can't wait to see your newest addition

choctaw%20filly%202011

When I got home from work today here she was! Choctaw did good. Beautiful little filly. She started bagging up last week and I fully expected she would go until around Valentines Day. But today at day 316 I got a SURPRISE! I never even saw stage one. She had bagged up much more this morning but had not been doing any of the normal lying around, yawning, nipping the sides, or anything to indicate onset of labor. I noticed her vulva was relaxed this morning but still thought she had a ways to go. Her belly had not not even taken on that pointy shape. I only set up the baby monitor camera yesterday so I did not even have to go through the sleepless nights of staring at the monitor. I have not even settled on a name yet! This little cutie is so calm and precious. I am so thrilled to get to use the pink foal blanket finally.
default_new_multi.gif

Sorry about the picture. We took a few but they were not that great then the stupid computer went low on battery. I was running pretty low on energy so I went to bed. It was quiet a rush to get the stall clean, baby blanketed, shavings down, and an enema given to the little one. And to further complicate things the bag and placenta had apparently been taken away by barn cats.
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked But I had walked and walked the property over looking for it just in case the guard dogs had reached in the stall and taken it. If they had taken it they would have taken it some distance away but would have "guarded" it for us to find. That is just how they are. So the cats are likely suspects. I just hope everything passed as it should have.

So anyhow, we are doing good and pictures will be forthcoming.
default_aktion033.gif

Open to name suggestions. Of course I will pull out last year's list (last year needed a colt name but had some filly names just in case). The mare is Bear Branch Painted Choctaw who was bred to my stallion TX TLC Dreamisons Memphis Blues. The filly appears to be gray and white. She measured 18" tall. I will post later after feeding all the animals and getting them introduced to the new addition.
default_517.gif

congratulations
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Memphis Belle seems to be the obvious choice or if you want to be a little different ....got the blues ...indiana blue ...dreamin of saphires

Congratulations!

You have 2 'HTTP's at the beginning of your picture code. Maybe try that again without one of them.

CIMG2056.jpg

Gotta get more pictures. This does not do her justice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back