Is this the wrong thing to buzz about??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Secret22

Reaction score
This info will add up to something I want to ask you........

Lately I have being training Secret lots of new things. I have been lunging him for about 2 yrs and he does it like a pro. No whip needed, only slight voice commands. His whole attention is focused on me, he trys sooooo hard to please. I taught him quite a few months ago to lie down on command, I taught him that in only 1/2 an hour, and in 1/2 in hour he does it fully off command no hesitaion and I taught him kindly, no hobbles or that mean stuff used. I have taught him commands when i am swimming, I hold on to his tail and I wrap the rope around his necka nd tell him where to swim, I taught him this is two days swimming across the creek.

I am well known in my community as a bird rescuer. People are alwasy ringing me up with probelms or abandened birds that have fallen out of nest or being caught by cats then saved, people are always bringing them to me and me room is always filled with boxes with baby birds in them.

I have trained my TB mare Alley to use her head, she was a nutty nutter when I got her, she had no spirit left and didnt try to please or anything, you prbably saw on the picture I posted on here a lil while bac at her first ODE. Her first owner sold her becasue they wanted a jumper and she alwasy barged into jumps and didnt try. Well in that picture she was trying sooo hard to please me, she always does, her spirit is back.

In our community I have rescued abbandoned dogs/puppies. I have trained them in a week and then i give them away or find homes, in a week they sit, lie down, and use theie manners. I have many people ringing me/e-mailing me to tell me how there wonderful dogs I gave them are going.

NOW!! So many people are come up to me all the time and tell me I have a natural gift with animals. And I mean all the time!!

I also think I have a gift with animals but I am to shy to admit it, is this wrong, when ever people tell me this I just blush and say thanks. Should I be proud, or is it to cockey to be proud of something like that, is it vain to be proud of something like that?? What do you think?? Please tell me.

Be humble and say thank you. Many folks are born with a natural ability to work and play with animals that is different than the average person. My daughter was born to it, Tracey's daughter Sarah is one, Nita's granddaughter is amazing, our Bonnie, and I know many more are also. By the way, yes you can be proud but not cockey. Your gift is God given be grateful and do a good job using it.

From time to time we will get people needing a hand with their sick horses or mules. I don't think twice about it. If I happen to have anything I can give them, that's fine. If there is nothing I can feel I can do, then I feel bad about it. I've given out bandages, all kinds of medicines, even feed and hay, just different things because it's very hard for some people to get a vet up here. The trip charge for most vets are over $150. just for the trip itself and most people up here can't afford a bill like that. We just all try to be good neighbors around here. I've gotten paid back with fresh baked bread, home made put up vegatables, things like that. The door swings both ways too. We've been helped a few times too, every time I've broke down or gotten stuck in the mud, someone is always there to lend a hand. It's just what you do. There is nothing saintly about helping out when you can.

Not everyone has a gift to train like you do and re-habiltating animals so give thanks to God for it. He is the one that is going to reward you.

It's wonderful that you recognize your special talent for this and using it to help the animals like you do.

Latest posts

Back