Is this rude??? You buy a horse,,,,,at one time

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankie,

I think it is a great idea - I love finding out where my horses are and how they are doing - like someone said it makes for some great friendships.

I agree with everyone else. Not rude at all......but caring! And it could be that the new owners may have some questions for YOU.

MA

I agree with all of the above, too!

I think it shows that you care about the animal...and who wouldn't like an opportunity to talk about horses MORE? lol
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I think it could be good for the new owners, too. If they have a question or an issue or a behaivor problem, they could check in with you and see if it sounds familiar or if you've dealt with it before, etc.

Call, call, call, call...you'll feel good after. :bgrin

NO, I WOULD LOVE IT IF I WERE PERSON B! I WOULD PROBABLY HAVE QEUSTIONS FOR YOU, I THINK IT WOULD BE NICE, SHOWS YOU CARE
default_yes.gif
: NIKKI

Thanks so much guys.

My concern was, because I was not the actual seller for this person, maybe it would be a concern for them.

Like,,,,,,,,what business of hers is it, type thing.

Thanks again

[SIZE=10pt]It would be great if a past owner contacted me about an animal I own. I have many times tried to hunt down previous owners of animals that I now have. Not a thing wrong with being a caring person.
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

Lori

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with everyone else. It wouldn't bother me a bit if someone called me that was a previous owner. I might even have some questions for them. I say.........Go for it!! :bgrin

I have been contacted that way and I loved hearing how my babies are doing.
default_yes.gif
:

It gave me a chace to share family photos and background of the horse they might not have known from the seller. Plus, I get to ask if they'll give him/her a hug from me.

I don't think it's rude at all! I'd be more than happy to speak with previous owners of any of my horses no matter how many "generations" removed. After all, my horses are one of my favorite topics
default_yes.gif
:

I bought a mare this summer - with filly at side and I contacted the breeder to let her know where this mare is now. The breeder was absolutely delighted and wanted pictures, updates, etc. Now I know this is the opposite of what you are asking - but I do feel that most people really do like updates on where there horses are. I know with breeding show dogs for many many years that I always wanted to know if the dogs were happy and safe and if they did change hands I would make the contact with the new owner - and never once had a problem with that.

All in all - it shows that you care about your animals - and that is a very good thing!!!!!!!!!

I agree to contact them! I have met some of the nicest friends this way and it shows the current owner that you care. I love knowing where my babies are and how they are doing, it means a lot!
default_yes.gif
:

I have been contacted by new owners of former horses of mine and I am pleased they took the time to do so... I too like to know how my horses are doing in their new homes. - only two of Mercy's foals I have not been able to track down their whereabouts....

Denise

Silversong Farm

I know that the breeder of my younger two keeps in touch with us. It's nice and makes me feel like I have someone more experienced to turn to.

On the other hand you should think about what you're going to do or say if you find out that they aren't doing well. As in I sold my 14 yr old QH a couple of years ago. I'd love to hear that she's working well for the people but if she is having health problems (nearly 17 by now) or they sold her or she was misbehaving; I know I'd be worried and unhappy. I'm in no position to offer to buy her back. Sometimes not knowing is better.

I would love to have someone contact me if they had owned the horse prior to me! I think it would be great. It's always nice to have contact with previous owners so you can ask questions about the horse if you have any and they might be able to help. And like others have said.... It grows nice friendships!!

I wouldn't hesitate either. I've been contacted before by people who KNEW my horse one time or another (never owned him, only I have ever owned him) people who I never met who saw him at shows or the stable, who drop a line to see how he is doing. Likewise, I have contacted new owners to see how horses I've known and loved (though never owned) are faring. So a horse you did actually own at one time, absolutely. And if the new owner decides its rude, they probably will just delete the e-mail and move on anyway.

Go for it !!!!!!!!!!

I always like to talk to horse folks and when I sell a horse, I also like to have the buyer keep in touch with me as well. I like to know what my "kids" are doing.

Joyce L

I LOVE hearing from my horses former owners :aktion033: And, it's always nice to see photo's of horses maybe you just bought when they were younger
default_smile.png
I am one who likes to keep track of where any of my horses go and there is nothing better then hearing from a former owner of one of my current horses.

I wouldn't hesitate to contact the owner of a horse you used to own. Only takes a few minutes to type up an email and the worst that happens is it gets ignored. I got an email from our buckskin fillys breeder and it was nice to hear about her sires personality and how she was as a baby. It's nice to be able to put together the peices of a horses journey by hearing from former owners.

JMO but I would not hesitate to contact the new owners of any horse you used to own. Also says alot for you being a caring owner
default_smile.png

Jen

I have before & I have have it done to me!!!!! I would say go ahead and do it
default_yes.gif
: Personally, I would love to hear from my horses previous owners :lol: GO FOR IT, CAROLYN!!!!!!!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back