Is He show material

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheeler

Reaction score
saludando.gif
I am not sure how to do this It is my first time to post but I have this coming 2yr and I am wondering if he is quality good enough to show at the breed shows . I would proably do AMHR and I also have his pinto papers to go to some of those. How do you add a picture on this so you can see him

sorry about this let me see if this works
scan.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from NOrthern Michigan! Can't critique but can't wait to see your picture! Happy New Year! Maxine

You need to have the photo on a website. If you don't have a website then use something like "photobucket" www.photobucket.com Post the picture there and then click on photo for properties and copy that to this site. If you click on the box "img" above it asks for a "url" address Don't forget do Not put the http in twice.

I'm just starting this myself. Hope I explained it well enough.

Sandee said:
You need to have the photo on a website.  If you don't have a website then use something like "photobucket"  www.photobucket.com      Post the picture there and then click on photo for  properties and copy that to this site.  If you click on the box "img" above it asks for a "url" address    Don't forget do Not put the http in twice.  I'm just starting this myself.  Hope I explained it well enough.

532868[/snapback]

hes a very nice mini and you will have a blast showing him! if he was mine i would do a lot of trotting and try to build his chest up so he doesnt look downhill.

kaykay said:
hes a very nice mini and you will have a blast showing him!  if he was mine i would do a lot of trotting and try to build his chest up so he doesnt look downhill.
532903[/snapback]

Thanks for the in put that is what i am looking for anymore would be great I am very new at this and really would like any help that anyone will give me . I am from PA and would really like to go to some shows this year so if anyone can let me know of any that would be good to start at let me know.

thank you
smile.gif

Wow! What a beautiful little horse! :)

Susan O.

l like the picture it is a perfect scaled down version of a quarter and his person you find in a showmanship class.

He's adorable. And he looks like he's still growing. It's very common for horses to get "butt high" when growing, and a few months later the other half will catch up.

MA

Sorry, I don't know much about showing, but I wanted to say welcome to the forum! You have a very pretty mini there!
biggrin.gif
Looks like he already is show quality, judgging by the ribbon!
yes.gif

Not all horses have to be "halter show horses"... I'd say this little guy is ready to go straight into showmanship and color and win for you though!!! How about obstacle or liberty? He looks like a winner already with that ribbon though!

Andrea

He's a cutie! I love his expression. Just go and show and have fun. If you don't like halter there's always the performance classes. I show more Pinto than anything else because it's fun and there aren't many trainers showing so it's more of an even playing field for me. Good luck in whatever you do.....and have fun!!

Hi, I am a leader of Lil Attitudes an all exclusive mini horse 4-H in Butler, PA. I also show AMHR. There are several sanctioned shows in our area.

VERY pretty mini....and impeccably presented in that photo.
aktion033.gif
I'd say you would do very well with him in breed shows....just find what he's best at, performance or halter, and go with that.
yes.gif

lol ..hunny that sign doesnt say 'state champion' for no reason. I would say lung him some and you got yourself a winner!

The only thing i see is that he does seem to be 'downhill' some from the butt to the chest. He has the prettiest color though ....
yes.gif

I wouldnt worry about much ..you got a winner.

Leeana

biggrin.gif

I think you will do just fine with him! You will be showing in youth halter and

should do quite well with him. He's a pretty horse and he's still growing. Young

horses change so much on a week to week basis you can't tell which week will be

the one he'll kick butt or get kicked in the butt. That's why showing young horses

is such a challenge. Go have fun and enjoy!!!!! Linda B
wink.gif

You guys look great, very well put together! I would definately show him AMHR, try him in everything that interests you and go from there!!
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back