Is he a hinny?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrselady

Reaction score
Question... is he a hinny? He's 11 and trained for a cart and does ride.

S7300234.jpg

S7300233.jpg

S7300231.jpg

S7300229.jpg

S7300224.jpg

Can't help you with the hinney part but I sure do like him!! Are you thinking of buying him? How is your new baby doing? How is momma?

not sure!! All I know is he is Cutie!

Good luck on finding out what he is!

RNR

Oh he's gorgeous. I know nothing but I'd guess Hinny...from what I've been reading and been told they have more of a horse mane and tail and head and he has all of those things. He sure is beautiful
default_wub.png
:

I raise hinnys, so my guess shouldn't really count :bgrin I would say a beautiful hinny.
default_wub.png
: Hinnys have more of a horse like face, and the tail is long and full, which it looks like he has, but they have the small body of the donkey. Is he yours? Hes put together very nice.Is he yours and how tall is he? Alot of times its very hard to tell the differance between the two, even for experienced mule men, I have always looked at the tail, and tried to guess from that point. I am waiting for everone else to guess on this one too. Corinne

He is 42" tall and I do believe he is a hinny myself... his mane is like a donkey's but thicker. His tail has lots more hair and the bottom is really thick. When he whinnies, he does half a horse whinny then finishes out with the hee haw thing. Its so cute, gonna try to record him one day. Depends on his mood if he gives you more of the horse sound or more of the donkey. His ears are shorter and he has the donkey head. His legs are not stripped but have splotches (sorry on the spelling) of darker and lighter colors. I'll try to get some pics of him during the day. He actually has all those dapples you see in the pics.

We were called Monday by someone who knew we were looking for something smaller to pull a cart. He said he had a small mule.. when we went out there, we found Pete. He pulled the cart like we wanted then my daughter rode him, and feel in love with him.

Daisy and justice (babies name) were moved to a bigger pasture so she could raise him without being stressed by us other than at feeding times. I go out there once a day and she's not trying to kill me anymore, but will not come up other than when she knows its time to eat.

[SIZE=14pt]what a cute boy and he drives and rides...wow...congrats! Nikki[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE him
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: If he's a Hinny...I'm now a Hinny Lover...HE's just lovely :aktion033: :aktion033:

He's nice either way! He could be a hinney. BUT.....it isn't always easy. I have a couple of mules that have very horsey heads and thick tails.
sunny09.jpg

He's nice either way! He could be a hinney. BUT.....it isn't always easy. I have a couple of mules that have very horsey heads and thick tails.
sunny09.jpg
Oh DROOL
default_wub.png
: LOL. THat's it I'm a Hinny AND Mule LOVER (and Donkey of course)
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

default_smile.png
he sure is pretty but to me he looks like a mule i owned a big hinny once and she had a tail and mane like a horse her face was also more horsey like. but mule or hinny he,s very nice.

Latest posts

Back