Is anyone else dieting?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SampleMM

Reaction score
Okay, is anyone else trying to diet? I am seriously watching every crumb I put in my mouth because as of a few months ago I have high blood pressure and since diabetes and my family go hand in hand, I really must take some weight off now for health reasons.

I have discovered that if I eat breakfast, first thing in the morning......I seem to be hungrier. If I wait and eat later in the day, I seem to be better off. Is anyone else like that? I'm on vacation right now, but I am bound and determined not to go off course.

I could use any insight/ideas you may have. What has worked for you? Please share your weight stories.

Also, wanted to add that I have done Weight Watchers for many years and am a lifetime member.
default_new_shocked.gif
Weight Watchers called and they want to take my lifetime status back.
default_yes.gif

Does thinking that I need to get back on mine count? I think about it daily... but I never do it. BAAAADDDDD!

I have found that if I eat breakfast it helps but for me a big lunch will last me a long time into evening and then all I need is a light supper or healthy snack. That being said, I don't always do that though..............
default_no.gif

I've also tried not to eat after 8pm that helps too.
default_wink.png

I hear you! I am currently doing the same thing. I am as well a weight watchers lifetime member. I've lost 8 pounds so far but want to lose 20 plus in total. In the beginning I would go for a walk first thing after my coffee in the morning then when I get back I have breakfast which always consists of alot of protein. an egg with 2 peices of ww bread(5 points). Then when I get hungry later I have a fresh pear(1 point). For lunch I have a ww bun with 2 slices of smoked turkey or chicken with mustard (3 points). For dinner I always have some sort of protein that I have to prepare not something bought and veges. Thats maybe 6 points.

Then for snacks I eat these cookies that are like baby cookies. I just stood in the cookie isle until I found something that gave me 2 cookies for 1 point. I know its hard but it will be worth it in the end. The key I think is lean protein to keep you full and find food that u like and that you can continue to eat forever. Let me know how it goes! Good luck.

ps...I started walking at the beginning of July and now I can jog 2 and a half miles without stopping. yahoo!

Last year I dumped a ton of weight just by trading in my pepsi for water and other diet drinks.

Now I'm back to gross again so the other day I started back on my "drinking" problem and bought those little tubes of Crystal Lite. I keep a pitcher of it in the fridge every day and instead of grabbing a pepsi, I grab Crystal Lite. I won't be giving up my Pepsi by no means however, but I have limited it to one glass a day. It really helps me out.

I also am doing a lot of sugar free jello this summer and melons instead of my usual junk food regimine.

"Does thinking that I need to get back on mine count?" YES!! It does in my book.
default_biggrin.png
I agree with the not eating after 8 PM. At times, I try for nothing after 5:00 PM but it sure is hard and I am ravenous by morning.
default_wacko.png

"I've lost 8 pounds so far".......Congratulations!!! I have only lost 5 but it's a start, right. Glad to know there's a fellow WW member here. There's strength in numbers!!!
default_yes.gif

Marty, I used to be a huge Pepsi drinker. After several months, I switched to Diet Coke which I dearly love. In fact, I love it a little too much and like you I am trying to drink more water. It's just not something I crave. I have to remind myself to drink it. I do think that drinking too much of any kind of soda will impede weight loss, unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, actually I am. I started back in April. I was on Nutri System for three months and lost 17 pounds. Then I switched to Weight Watchers in July and I have lost another 4 pounds. It is slow going now, but I am getting closer to my goal, so it will go slower now.

Two years ago I was on Nutri System and I lost 20 pounds. However, I started going right back to eating horrible and gained it all back and then some! So, this time I went with Nutri System to lose the weight quickly (it works great if you can stomach the food!
default_new_shocked.gif
) and then I went with Weight Watchers because they teach you to eat better and I figured that would be something I can continue to do on my own.

Dieting is not easy, but I am hoping that with Weight Watchers I am making a lifestyle change that I will be stick with. I have made quite a few recipes that are awesome and my husband is even willing to eat them with me. He isn't dieting, but he likes the food, so it is better for him too.

my sister is also starting to diet, they are planning on starting a family soon so she really wants to be in good health for the pregnancy so she has cut out the carbs- NOT EASY!! we are italian and love our pastas lol, anyway she sticks mainly to just meats and veggies ans so far she has lost about 7lbs in about a week and a hlf.

Latest posts

Back