Irritated Eye

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManyMinisFarm

Reaction score
You know when you poke your self in the eye pretty hard, and your eye runs and you blink a lot. My filly bumped her eye and it's running and she's blinking! There are no cuts, sores, etc. Her eye is fine! It's just really irritated... What should I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch it very closely! The tiniest eye bump can be an abrasion which left untreated can become infected and lead to an ulcer. I would flush the eye just to keep it clean, as debris may build up due to the tearing and put on a fly bonnet to keep her from rubbing it and further injuring herself. If her discomfort continues, call the vet. You can never be to careful with eye injuries.

I agree , the slightest increase in discomfort or increase in fluid from the eye call the vet immediately . Eye injuries are the worst . Hope it heals quickly.

So happy your filly is better!!!!!!
default_yes.gif
That happened to my little dwarf Josie only she had a small piece of hay stuck in her eye. I washed it out with sterile eye wash and it teared and looked irritated for a day but the next day was all better!! But eye irritations can turn into something very serious so they do need to be watched!!!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back