Introducing Myself

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SandyWI

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I've been responding to posts here and there and never formally introduced myself. My name is Sandy, and my husband and I live on 150 acres of beautiful hills in southwest Wisconsin.

We got into minis three years ago when I was at an auction, helping a friend sell a few APHA yearlings. There were two minis in a stall, and I bid on one and brought him home. The next week, I called his "mother" and asked if she had any more for sale, and brought his half-brother. A week after that I decided I was going to raise and show miniatures, and started aquiring some serious breeding stock. I've had my original two minis gelded, and have since purchased two stallions and three mares. We have one yearling filly in the show ring this season, and two foals on the way in a few weeks.

My yearling filly, Weebiscuits Media Luna, did very well for being in the show ring for the first time last weekend, in South Dakota, even though she went into heat the first day. In front of three judges she took a first in yearling mares 28" to 30" and also a 2nd and 5th, and in Solid color mares she got a First and two seconds, and there were 11 and 9 horses in each class, respectively.

I still have two riding horses. They are ex-harness racers. One was retired because of a sesamoid fracture at age 5 and the other retired at the mandatory retirement age. I retrained both to saddle and still ride quite a bit. I sold all my other horses when I got minis, but I think I'll keep these two.

My husband and I are retired teachers, and he has owned his own business for seven years, doing soil tests (for septic systems) and he designs septic systems.

I used to own a retail Hosta nursery, but sold it three years ago.

When we have any spare time we take off on our Honda scooters and roam the countryside.

I have three adult children and five grandkids. One of my sons lives on the property adjoining ours, and their 3 year old daughter is my "horsiest" grandchild. I hope to see her in the show ring some day in Youth classes!

I hope to be able to meet some of you at upcoming shows this season, and hopefully, at World!

HEY SANDY :saludando: ......glad you finally decided to introduce yourself to the LB Forum members!

We ALL have one thing in common here...and that is our love of Miniatures.
default_yes.gif
: We are a BIG group, so very diverse with all ages, so sometimes personalities can "clash". Don't let the occassional heated discussion scare you off. It happens in the best of "families".
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I'm sure the others would love to see pictures of your Minis....especially "Lucy"! She did awesome for her first time out...you have every right to be very proud!
default_yes.gif
:

Hi Sandy, Welcome from another Wisconsin cheesehead! I see you're in Richland Center, I've been through there quite often, it seems I sell a few babies down that direction each yr and while delivering them, pass through. I"m 50 miles north of LaCrosse, on top a 500 ft bluff, you can see the Mississippi River frm our farm. Their's not many mosquitoes up here, they get blown down into the valleys below, no worry about flooding either, we love our bluff. If you ever get up this way, please do stop in, we're always up for a visit, no appt necessary! Glad you found the forum. Marnie

Hi Sandy and welcome from the beautiful pine barrens of southern NJ. Hostas are my favorite plant to landscape with. :bgrin

:saludando: Hi! I'm sure I ran into you at the SD show last weekend! I showed only in the stallion under classes..... But probally saw you there!

This is a great place! Glad you are on here!

Hi Sandy :saludando: WELCOME from another Wisconsinite. I live about 1 hour north of Green Bay, in a resort area, but the locals all have farms
default_wink.png
: If your ever up our way PLEASE do stop in..lemonade in summer and hot chocolate in winter is always on, and there is usually another friend or two over so horse talk is always the subject. Would love to meet you. Corinne

Hi Sandy,

I'm in Westby WI so we are "practically" neighbors.

These little ones are surely special!

Hopefully we will "get together" and meet soon.

[SIZE=18pt]Well, Hello Sandy! :saludando: [/SIZE]

Glad you came aboard LB! You'll meet a lot of good folks here! How's little Rambo doing since you got your new stallion? Is he still the boss? :bgrin :aktion033:

Bill

Well Sandy from WI I think I met you at the SF show.

I had the yearling "B" Blue Roan stallion and the itty, bitty black pinto yearling stallion. Any ways if I didn't met you someone else had the misfortune of their filly coming into heat at the show. :lol:

Welcome from NOrthern Michigan. (The Straits Area) We're also retired and have only three minis. Two mares and a gelding. Two we drive and one tiny girl we are working with towards as a therapy horse.

Glad you're here,

Maxine and Carl

Hi Sandy,

Welcome from another Wisconsinite. We live a mile south of Alma, right along the Mississippi River.

I checked out your website, you have some beautiful animals and beautiful gardens!!

If you are ever in this area, stop and visit - love to meet mini people and my refrigerator is always full of Pepsi!!

:saludando: HI! :saludando: i am new here too!!!! just registered yesterday, this is my first post! :aktion033: i have been viewing this site for years, but finally got around to joining.

wow, never really noticed how popular this site is. i go to the bathroom, and there's three new topics and who knows how many new posts! well, welcome to the forum, and i'm sure we are both glad to be here talking with people who share our love for minis! :bgrin

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sandy, glad to see you on here, also. Hope you all are doing well and hope your're still coming my way in July. :saludando:

Welcome Sandy from Eastern Wyoming! Glad to have you here and glad you jumped right in! Congrats to your Lucy, good job!

Welcome from Connecticut with 13 miniatures, Indian Runner ducks, Phoenix chickens, barn kitties, and the boss of the house is an 8 lb miniature dachshund named Heidi. She runs the place and everyone else says, "What?" Glad you finally introduced yourself. My farm is Little Folks Farm.

Joyce L

Latest posts

Back