Interest Face Markings

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awww everyones minis are so cute
default_wub.png
Heres rain, he only has a star and a snip.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd154/X...ain/Rain010.jpg

My new mare, Corky's Jez Lady, has a very distinctive blaze. I'm pretty sure she's sabino... she had a foal with blue eyes crossed with a solid sire, and her socks are pretty high. As she was rolling I discovered a white spot on her belly and when I clipped I found a TON of sabino roaning. The pinto genetics are still a touch foreign to me but I am trying to get a handle on them. After I understand pinto I will tackle the appy genetic terms
default_smile.png

ladyjan08.JPG

Andrea

Since I breed for Overo/Tovero patterns.....I do get lots of bald faces, or wildly marked faces.

Lacy has the most unusually marked face of all mine tho.

Here she is as a weanling, showing her "eyebrow" marking above her left eye.

LacyHugMom.jpg

Love seeing everyone's white face markings.

I have a few with white on their face.

My mini mare Mercedes

skowheganshow013.jpg

My mini mare Angel - not too happy to have her grazing interupted!

angelandkitties013.jpg

And my shetland pony Bentley

alloldpictures010.jpg

Cathy

But I wonder how many of these mostly blazed- faced horses have been tested for LWO? Something to consider if you haven't already. Three of our minis have blazes - all three have Rowdy blood - and I know one is LWO+ and would bet the other 2 are. They have not been tested because one is a gelding and we don't plan to breed the mare. Our stallion, who also has Rowdy blood, has a small star/strip/snip and is LWO-.
Our stallion Sky was tested for LWO and came back negative.. We have not tested the mares yet, but many of my paint breeding friends think that our black pinto mare may possibly be carrying the frame gene, because of her unique blaze and blue eyes.. I plan on testing her this summer for fun and curiousity sake

This is so much fun to see all the neat face markings - this is one of my favorite ones - our 2006 filly "QtrRaes Mystic A Unique Treasure" - we call her "Neeka" - besides her lovely face she also has just 1 very bright blue eye - it certainly gives her character and she is also a real sweetheart.

schoolkids038.jpg

My new mare, Corky's Jez Lady, has a very distinctive blaze. I'm pretty sure she's sabino... she had a foal with blue eyes crossed with a solid sire, and her socks are pretty high. As she was rolling I discovered a white spot on her belly and when I clipped I found a TON of sabino roaning. The pinto genetics are still a touch foreign to me but I am trying to get a handle on them. After I understand pinto I will tackle the appy genetic terms
default_smile.png

ladyjan08.JPG

Andrea
She may very well have some Sabino roaning.....BUT, blue eyes only come from either Splash or Frame.

She could very well be carrying both!
default_yes.gif

Here is one of my new Shetland geldings. I call him George
default_wub.png
He is a Rock "E" "Heads Up" son. I just love his head and his facial marking. His right eye is a watch eye, to cool.
default_yes.gif

geoface.jpg

geoleft.jpg

georight.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a yearling picture of my girl;

trinketrightrsz.jpg

And here is her baby pic:

fashion3.jpg

I love all of unique facial markings can't believe how unique some of them are...

Alright I'll share one! This is one of our 06' foals Pleasant Views Flashin' Miss "Zoey"totaly wasn't expecting this color out of 2 solids
default_new_shocked.gif
well her sire is white with partial blue eyes and her mother has a snip.

She is registered as a partial bald face. She also has 2 crystal blue eyes

zoey2.jpg

Thanks for letting me share

Great Thread!!

~Jessica

My pinto mare, Dottie, has this dot in the middle of her blaze. I havent seen many of these, I find it interesting.

DSCN1377.jpg

Will

We have several horses with blazes/crooked blazes or strange medicine caps, but my favorite "weird" face markings are on Savanah and Rose:

Savanah:

100_7131.jpg

100_7128.jpg

100_7127b.jpg

Rose:

100_7132b.jpg

100_7133.jpg

Here's my 4yo mare "Jazz" she has a moon (part of it is under her forlock) attached to her off centered Star/Stripe/Snip

l_79e3a0c978465cf1e9ef833343226c00.jpg

Our Deceased Mare "Friday" She had a "1" with a Spot in the Middle of it

l_8a72e375d71888ac675470493f97df41.jpg

Friday's 2005 Filly I think she has neat Face Markings

l_14b0f17eee82fb7a1d78b4a383b42680.jpg

Here is mine. This Cross Country New Kid In Town.

kid4.jpg

odd marking

He has a blazed face and both eyes are blue.

I have a chestnut mare named Desert Golds Crescent Moon that has a crescent moon, a strip, and a snip.

Here she is posing with her 08 filly, Amira who also has a star, and a bit of a snip.

(Mom was annoyed at the onlooking geldings on the other side of the fence, while baby was enjoying their attention. lol)

amiramariahfence.jpg

My dad's morgan gelding's facial markings.

DSC00308-1.jpg

My mini stud's facial markings. (he was fat in the first picture when I first got him!)

stud.jpg

Img_0161cropped.jpg

Img_0149croppedsmall.jpg

My horse (left) mom's horse (right) full sisters quarter horses.

DSC00382-1.jpg

DSC00380.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

This is my first horse Coco. He had the most beautiful blaze I had ever seen!
default_wub.png

DSC00352.jpg

Latest posts

Back