Insurance

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humhill

Reaction score
Hey guys,

We're looking at getting life and health insurance on some of our horses.

What companies do ya'll use? Got any contact info for them?

Thanks!!!!

Lauren :lol:

The one we have dealt with is -- Connaway & Assoc. Equine Insurance. 1-800-269-5458.

The owner, Laura Connaway, owns or at least used to own minis.

MA

i use gencorp this equine insurance is recommmened by the amha. i have filed one claim their service and feeling for my situation was great

twelveoaks

I use Gencorp for the horses I have insured for mortality and major medical. Christine Phillips is my agent:

Gencorp Insurance Group

Christine Phillips, Agent

16 Main Street

East Greenwich, RI 02818

Tel: (800)232-0582 x180

Just so you know Christine no longer works for Gencorp. I had emailed a change in my policy about 4 days ago and a different lady responded and also told me that she was no longer working there.

I have been looking for insurance too and learned Christine Phillips moved and is now with a company called Dietrich Equine Services. Their phone # is 800-942-4258. Gencorp now has a $1000 min policy rule for new policies so I will probably go with Dietrich.

I did not know Christine had left Gencorp! My policy on Destiny & DunIT just renewed for the year.

jill i just bought a new policy this week and found out christine left. I am not at all happy with my new agent. also they have changed some of the way they do business now. Im going to go with it for now but may change if my new agent continues to not return phone calls etc. Christine was always so good about getting stuff done asap and always calling back. Wish I had known where she went to

I will play it by ear and the horses are already renewed. I never actually had to call Christine about anything though so the customer service for me hadn't been any kind of an issue or selling point. I've only had to "use" horse insurance one time, when Khaki had her colic surgeries, and was pleased with the customer service at that time but it was through another agent and another company.

Being in a whole different kind of insurance profession myself, as well as being a money manager, I would imagine in time, many of Christine's clients will be sticking with her, vs. a company. When I have changed vendors, etc., my clients' loyalty has been to me vs. a brand name (and that's due to good client service).

Latest posts

Back