Indoor Arena HELP

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitney

Reaction score
Those that have one with steel roofing....how do you stop condensation, and noise when it rains?

I am starting construction next month, and am still undecided on what type of insulation to use, or if I should put the metal over decking.....

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Whit

As far as I know there's no way to stop the dripping if you install a steel roof. Insulation will just trap the water and cause rust faster. To have no condensation will require a shingled roof.

Personally I love the sound of rain on my metal barn roof, but I'm weird that way. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
We just had foam insulation sprayed onto the ceiling of our barn - not a covered arena, but essentially same. The original insulation was defective and had failed, so we were back to nothing but the metal roof. Just up a few days, but it's certainly keeping it cooler.

Jan

Someone I know down the road had a Morton barn built last summer and they insulated the roof. She was talking about a guarantee they gave her for the material they used on the metal roof that did not cause condensation. I don't recall what she said (sorry, I was gawking at her stalls) but you might find info on their site or give them a call on their 800 line to find out.

I have an aluminim roof on my big barn, and I don't have condensation in there. I have a tek supple building for my indoor and when it is shut up it does have condensation, but if I leave the doors open and the sides up I don't. As for the sound of the rain, yes I have it, yes, I like it.

Latest posts

Back