In honor of Halloween

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KanoasDestiny

Reaction score
What is the scariest book you have ever read? Any good books keep you up at night? I don't read much horror, but Dean Koontz's Phantoms made my heart race a few times. Lol. I'm reading his Odd Thomas right now, and I hope to read Stephen King's Bag of Bones soon.

Happy Halloween everyone!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the Odd Thomas books! I haven't listened to the newest one yet, but will.

The scariest books I've ever read are Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot and It. Also, The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty and Communion by Whitley Strieber

Horror is all I really enjoy! No movies or books ever scare me. Not ever. (I wish they did LOL)

I LOVE S.K.

Pet Sematary is a fav

Another series that's good, but not super scary, Is DK's Frankenstein. I really enjoyed that series a lot!

Jill, I read reviews that the other books in the Odd Thomas series weren't as good as the first. You liked them? I LOVE scary movies, not sure why I don't read more horror. The few books I have tried left me disappointed. I wanna be scared! I'm like you Robin, I'm not easily frightened although a couple things (fog/zombies) do creep me out. But thats half the fun!
default_smile.png

I don't like psychopath-scary, like Texas Chainsaw, Hills have eyes, etc. Too many freaky people in real life. :-S

Stephen King's The Shining. My girls don't understand how a book can be scary. I was trying to explain it to them!

I also like Dean Koontz Frankenstein series. I read quite a few of his Odd Thomas series, too. It took me a couple to really get into them, but then I liked them.

Barbara

Jill, I read reviews that the other books in the Odd Thomas series weren't as good as the first. You liked them? I LOVE scary movies, not sure why I don't read more horror. The few books I have tried left me disappointed. I wanna be scared! I'm like you Robin, I'm not easily frightened although a couple things (fog/zombies) do creep me out. But thats half the fun!
default_smile.png
I did love them from the start! I liked the character a lot. I did start his most recent addition to the series, but spent only a few minutes and decided to do another book at that time.

Another Koontz series that I thought was really good (other than the Frankenstein one which is a must read!) are the Christopher Snow books. I think there are three or four. It's been awhile since I read them, but really liked them.

Ok thanks! Lots to think about. I guess when I get close to the end of this first one, then I'll decide if I want to keep going with the series. He has several in it now, doesn't he? I think I saw five?

I've lost track, but I thought it was four... but maybe it's that the new one makes five! Probably
default_yes.gif

Not to discount the series, which I honestly was into from the start, but when it comes to pleasure reading, I don't know that my bar is extra high. I like most things I read
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back