Book Choices for December

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one would you like to read?

• Jessica Meig's "The Becoming" (zombies)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dean Kootz's "77 Shadow St" (ghostly happenings)

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Gretchen McNeil's "Ten" (murder on a remote island)

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Thanks, Terry! I can get the DK one on Audible.com. I have an account there and get credits each month for audio books
default_yes.gif

Today's the last day to cast a vote! Winner will be announced tomorrow, but you can tell now who's in the lead.
default_smile.png

I'm fixing to download the DK (audio) book to my iPhone. I have a few more in a series I'm into now to finish, and I have to say........... I wish I had read the reviews of DK's newest one before I threw it out as an option. I hope that, if that is the one we chose, folks will like it!

Some of Koontz' books are SO good, and I've loved nearly all of his recent ones
default_yes.gif
His first ones, I didn't dislike, but I felt like it was almost the same story, over and over.

I have never read any of Dean Koontz' books and am nervous about this one because I am big baby. Are they typically pretty "creepy" or do you think I'll be ok with it? For reference, I was ok with "Bag of Bones", but not okay with "The Shining". Not sure if that helps! If anything, I will at least try it
default_smile.png
I HAVE been watching American Horror Story (during the day) and have so far loved it. Maybe it's toughening me up.

Don't worry, I don't think you will be scared to death, I read this one, and am ready to reread it, as the end was confusing, but I do think if we read it together, we can answer each others questions, and offer some insight into some of the details. I'm looking forward to us all sharing out insights into this one.

Sorry guys, I haven't been able to officially post it yet (went to my husband's job for a holiday lunch and we were ambushed into a safety meeting! Still here and bored out of my mind!)

Dean Koontz is the winner. I will pin the news as soon as I get home. Help me....

Back