I'm so ticked....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minisch

Reaction score
Email is not that same as speaking out loud. I have been taken down one too many times by my writing. I know what I want to say, but writing it is soooo tough for me. So I either get criticized or people think I'm mad when I'm not. It's from the same group of people so I'm wondering if it's just that they don't like my opinion & me, or my ADD makes me look stupid. Does this happen to anyone else? P.S. it's not the people on LB.

I know what you mean. We can think one thing and it sounds fine out loud, but when read, just sounds completly different. I tend to write things as to the point as I can, which tends to be blunt and sometimes, too much so. Since I have a memory problem, I try to view others posts, like I would my own and 'try' hard not to read into them too much.

When I am doing badly and my thought process is quite off, I just about wont go into public. So, can see where you are coming from. Dont worry too much what others think, least not in cyber space. The true measure is how your friends/family feel :aktion033:

Well...... not ALL people are mean. Some are very nice.

Yes, it can be hard to express yourself through writing. Practice helps of course, but sometimes you might need to sit down and think hard about the people you are trying to interact with. Maybe it is just not your group of people. There are tons of people out there, all with different ideas, and that is what makes a world. Try to be fair and see if you are just not communicating correctly, or if this is just not your group of people. There are lots of people out there, and there are lots of people you are going to really enjoy talking to. Try and find those people, and be tolerant of the rest.
default_smile.png

I have NO problem expressing myself at all(
default_smile.png
)...........BUT- it all comes out wrong sometimes.

It is very hard to remember that you have to be extra specially careful about the way you say things on the internet as there is no inflection, no facial expressions- just the bare words on the page.

So, I think in a way we all have the same problem.

Keep posting, do not let them bully you.

People will, in the end, get used to the way you say things
default_yes.gif
:
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

I know exactly what you mean.....I have seen people getting misunderstood on other forums. HGS forum is a bad one for that...there are too many ego's there
default_wacko.png
:

I do this ALL the time on MSN....if i say a joke wrong to some one I end up fighting them in the parking lot!!!lol so I am very careful about talkin to people on MSN now lol. My best friend and I talk about the weirdest stuff and we know wat we r sayin but wen i talk to other peeps they have no clue wat i mean....its so confusing
default_yes.gif
:
default_wacko.png
:

It sounds like it is the people that are around you. I would not try to explain myself to them anymore. Of course this comes from a people pleaser who doesn't want anyone mad at me. So I guess don't take my advice,
default_wacko.png
: but I have learned over the years to not let those type of people bother me as much as it used to do when I was younger.

Now I just avoid them.

Marion, I think you hit the nail on the head. Thanks for the replies

I know exactly what you mean. Now instead of replying and inputting suggestions I just keep them to my self. I will do anything to avoid a fight even though I never mean to start one or harm anyone.

Yes! I do understand. Since I had my stroke last year I have a very hard time talking sometimes, and even though it's a little easier writing here, if I get upset or tense I have to take deep breaths and go slow just to try to get it out right.

The first time I called Marty's house I got eith Daniel or Jerry, not even sure at first, and it was so hard for me to talk they must have thought me insane! Once they heard my name it was ok but still couldn't get words out right.

So just keep on keeping on dear, and if people can't be abiding to you, cut it loose and move on to those real people who can :bgrin

Good luck,

Maxine

Marion sounds right
default_yes.gif
: . I try to avoid figthts but if people push me around to much I get realy mad and i turn into flying fists of rage
default_unsure.png
: . I feel bad after but some people just push to hard!! I try to stay away from them but in a school of few it is hard.

I'm a people pleaser to a fault, take the shirt off my back for you kinda person. That's the way I was brought up. So I get upset when people treat myself and others that way. It's very difficult for me writing, I know what I want to say, but sometimes it comes out wrong, I guess ?? I'm amazed at how Marty can express herself and get things across in her writings.

I think it's a problem of new technology, there is no Emily Post for how to write things on the internet. It happens to me, even with my mother in law. I am very pround that my husband is about to make Master Chief in the Coast Guard, and when I told my MIL, she wrote well, he'll never reach Chief Warrant Officer like Dad did... I was furious. Now I know the woman didn't mean it to come out mean at all, but I was upset that she said that. My husband has had a wonderful career and it's NOT over yet. I think horses have it all over people, if you KWIM? My QH says so much more with her body language then with her nickers. She'd be lost on the internet. Lol.. And of course, our mini... he says it all with his butt. It's like he says.. "bug the heck out of me, and I'm gonna kick up upside the head". I guess he doesn't feel the need for anyone to approve of him or not. Lol.. I sometimes think life would be easier if we were all horses.

God Bless... and don't sweat the small stuff.

Lynn W

i couldnt agree more on this............. I know exactly what you mean. Now instead of replying and inputting suggestions I just keep them to my self. I will do anything to avoid a fight even though I never mean to start one or harm anyone.

Latest posts

Back