I'm so sad and worried; my little 8 yr old chihuahua

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdtexas

Reaction score
Hi friends:

Sadie is sick; had not been able to keep food down since Wednesday. Took her to vet just now and he is keeping her to run a barium test to look for blockage and going to do a blood panel to check for pancreatis(sp?). Her temp. was normal and the first x ray was not conclusive; did show small intestine very thickened, whatever that means? She was behaving very normal except would throw up everynight about 6 to 8 hours after she ate her one meal a day at about 6 pm. She would get sick about 2am. She would also eat grass I guess to help her throw up. I wish she were home with me and now regret I took her. She is about 11 pounds of spoiled tri colored darling little chihuahua/rat terrier mix.

The last time I left a pet with the vet(about 10 yrs ago) I ended up picking her up in a box; she was 12 yrs old and getting her teeth cleaned and never woke up from the anesthesia. So sad! I guess I'm doing the right thing but it's so had to leave her there.

I would appreciate some prayers and good thoughts for Sadie in Spring, TX and pray for Dr. French, her doctor to have wisdom in determining her medical condition and best way to treat her.

I wish I had her a blanket ; she's probably just laying in a cold metal cage. I'm so sad thinking of her there. Oh God, please help me get through this.

Thank you all for your care and prayers and good positive thoughts.

I am so sorry. Am sending thoughts and prayers for Sadie and Dr. French. Wishing the best for you and little Sadie. (((HUGS)))

awww im sorry top hear sadie is poorly
default_sad.png
but she is in the best place possible, so hopefully she wont be there long ...hopefully you will be posting GOOD news soon
default_smile.png

You and Sadie are in my thoughts and prayers!

Last year, I had to leave my best friend, shih-tzu Winston, at the emergency animal hospital for bladder stones to be removed and the surgeon wasn't sure he could get one out that was stuck in his urethra (sp?). I just about lost it, I was so scared for him.

There are definitely people here who understand how you are feeling now and will be saying lots of prayers for Sadie!

praying.gif

I understand how helpless you are feeling.........been there. But it does sound like the vet's is the best place for her.

Every vet I've ever dealt with would allow us to bring a blanket or toy from home. Have you asked if you can visit and bring a blanket?

MA

We will sure keep your little dog in our thoughts and prayers.

Lyn

Thank you all really so much; it means alot to know others are thinking of my little companion.

I just talked to Dr. French and he said the barium test did show a blockage of some sort. He wants to keep her till her blood panel comes back tomorrow and then determine if they can remove the blockage with something like an endoscope or if it will require surgery. The barium did pass on through so it's not a complete blockage. An endoscopic procedure would be done through her mouth and down into her area of blockage; if blood panel shows pancretitus(sp?) then treat that with IV's and no food/water for a couple days or so.

So it's wait and see and that's the hard part. He did say she does have a towel in her kennel and looks to be comfortable. He wanted to keep her so she would be there tomorrow when the blood work comes back and start treating her right away if needed; So I do understand that she is in the place where she needs to be but not where I want her to be.

I'm hoping that the blockage can be removed via the endoscope and she won't require surgery and that no pancretitus is found.

Agree with me in this area, please. Thank you all so much; ya'll been there and you are all a swell bunch of friends.

I hope it can be fixed with the endoscope, too! It sure sounds like a good sign that the barium passed.

My parents have a yorkie mix, and he did have pancreitis (sp too) once and he was treated successfully. I don't remember now if he had to spend the night at the vets, but he is fine and playful - very healthy - today.

I'm sorry to hear about your girl! I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
default_pray.gif
:

Prayers for your little girl being said.

Hugs

Bonnie

Awww good thoughts and prayers for your little girl...trust me I know what it feels like to hurt so badly you want to have your pup back in your arms again. Here's hoping she will be...very soon...and recover fully and completely.

Ummm.....
default_unsure.png
: Almost don't want to suggest this, but is there any possibility that your little one could have gotten poisoned? Hopefully a blood test with show that.

I'm just throwing that out because our foster-daughter's dog just was, and is at the vets fighting for his life.

MA

MA, I guess she could have gotten poisoned but the Dr. didn't mention that as a possibility; he did ask me if she was the type that might have gotten into something and what type of environment our home was in; I explained we were surrounded by woods and yes she would be the type (very adventurous) to find something dead and roll in it and perhaps eat it.

But I think he has found some of the problem with the partial blockage in her small intestine.

Thanks again for so many good thoughts and prayers. I'll know more Monday morning and perhaps tomorrow even; after the blood work comes back. The clinic is not open but the Doctor will be there to check her and the results from the lab and perhaps he will call me. He knows how concerned I am.

Good evening to all and God Bless you everyone! I'll update as soon as I hear something.

Hi Jill and everyone else:

Good news! Dr. French called and said all was looking up!

He fed her last night and she kept it down and also fed her today and she has kept it down as well. Blood work came back and all is fine. He said they wanted to keep her till tomorrow (they are closed today) and check her again but that surgery nor a scope would probably not be needed. Not sure till I talk to him in the morning why she had this episode or why her small intestines appear thickened.

Good thoughts and your prayers have worked again!! Thank God and all of you. I really do mean it!!

have a good Sunday and God Bless you one and all!

kd

Latest posts

Back