I'm not a carrot!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chico

Reaction score
Mac, our new donkey, loves his carrots and accidently took a bite out of me trying to get one today. I can't even tell you how much this hurt. I just stood there screaming, "Let go Mac, let go!" In the meantime P.J. pushed himself between Mac and I. I don't know if he was protecting me or trying to get that carrot. The boys are pushing and grunting and Mac keeps holding on for dear life. I'm screaming. . . Finally Mac let go when I threw the carrot away from me and he saw it go flying across the barn. I have a perfect bite impression under my bra but over my rib cage. You can see every Mac tooth. It's swollen and red, I will have one heck of a bruise tomorrow. I'm not upset at Mac, he just wanted that carrot, but dang he has one heck of a grip with those teeth! ugh The biggest surprise is that both boys usually are very good about getting a treat and his pushy carrot behavior was a shock. I guess you can never be too careful, and stupid me learned it the bite way.
default_wink.png
:

chico

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]OOOooch! That had to hurt. Guess when they want there treats , those little donkeys do whatever they have to do to get there point across....and get there treat.
default_wub.png
: Corinne
[/SIZE]

I've been bitten a couple of times by Kilroy and Dave got it once. Dave was holding him prior to a class at a show and Kilroy decided to be an Jack. He broke the halter (leather) in 3 places and grabbed Dave's forearm. Luckily Dave had made a fist so his arm was tight or Kilroy would have bitten through it. When some friends came over to see if they could help Dave said "hold him, I'm going to get my gun" and he walked off toward the truck. He was serious! They talked him out of it.

They DO hurt and I've learned to be VERY careful.

default_wacko.png
: OWIE :no:

Doesn't that hurt !!!!!

As we all know with raising babies...they all have to learn that we are not Donkeys and do not like getting bit (it is such a social thing with them to bite...from a friendly Hello bite to a I am going to see how you react with this "BITE" !!! )

Zepp is in training now and doing quite well
default_yes.gif
:

I haven't gotten bit on the butt lately...he is quite the sneaky "Butt Biter"
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Though I have gotten bitten while feeding treats...only fingers, caused by too many mouths wanting to be fed at the same time. They have NEVER biten my torso....I am so thankful
default_yes.gif
:

Chances are Chico...it won't happen again...and he didn't mean to do it. I am sure he really didn't know what he was doing.

A donkey bite of any kind hurts so bad .... I am surprised I didn't hear you screaming
default_wink.png
:

Thanks for all the support. I'm glad I'm not the only person to get a nip. Although it was a total accident. He really did think he was grabbing his carrot. I agree, it hurts like heck. I did get a lovely bruise that I got to share with friends. Not everybody can share this surprise gift.
default_smile.png
Butt biter.
default_smile.png
Too funny if not painful. I'm surprised nobody heard me scream!

chico

[SIZE=14pt]Mine have gotten me in the past when I haven't been paying close attention. :new_shocked: I try not to feed them from my hands anymore because I don't want them to bite my son when he goes out to give them a treat. They are such creatures of habit!
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Good luck![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back