I'm a PROUD mama!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeCFarm

Reaction score
My son loved riding when he first started, then had a very bad experience and he became very, very fearful for a long time. With the help of a good riding instructor and some good ponies, he's now having a blast again. Here are some pictures from a show in early April, that we attended at the last minute when his instructor said Dot (one of the lesson ponies) didn't have a rider in Chris's division. He ended up Champion Mini Stirrup Rider, riding in classes with 7-9 entries!

Here's Chris and Dot, the lesson pony:

ChrisDotCadenceApr2011med.jpg

He was looking down in this picture checking his diagonal.

ChrisDotCadence2Apr2011med.jpg

ChrisRibbonsCadenceApr2011med.jpg

This Saturday he'll be showing his own pony, Lucy:

ChrisLucyCellPicmed.jpg

I'm so happy to see Chris loving riding again!!!
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

That's great! I wish him much success!

I can only hope my son has a love of horses. He will not ride but he does drive so I will take it.
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Looks like he had a blast how cute

I so wish my son was a horse person he likes them but

it needs a motor to really get his interest

but he is a great help baling hay so I shouldn't complain lol

What precious pictures. So glad he's back in the saddle!

Eagles Ring...my brother rode when he was Chris's age, but then he got into motors too! Dirt bikes, go carts, ANYTHING with a motor. Now in his early 20s, he has mentioned how he'd like to ride again.

leeapachemoon, driving works!

Parmela, thanks. After he was thrown (and after an ER visit!), he was very, very fearful to ride any horse. His face would turn white, his tummy would hurt (wouldn't ever admit he was scared though
default_rolleyes.gif
), he'd have tears in his eyes, etc. All that just at the walk. Just at the thought of sitting on a horse again. I felt terrible still putting him on horses, but I knew how much he loved riding before, and I never pushed him. Sometimes I'd put him on my old mare and just lead him around. Now he walks and trots, jumps crossbars and he canters on the lunge line. He also gets after the ponies when necessary, instead of sitting there passively.
default_aktion033.gif

That's great! He looks good! Kids always look so cute in their jodhpurs
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My goodness! When I first saw him he was pushing matchbox cars on the dirt. He is becoming a handsome young gentleman!

I envy him those structured early lessons; they will help him with whatever he chooses to do later.

Marsha, I was going through my trailer yesterday, packing for the show, and I found quite a few of those cars and trucks still in there, LOL. I have this picture hanging on my wall from Wichita, KS years ago, although it is one of his bigger trucks...

ChrisWichitaKSAMHAApr06small.jpg

Back