If you could have one big horse...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I still have one of the biggies I did junior hunters on, but he's older now. No specific horse (Even though that stallion is amazing!), but I would love a baby by Skorpio. They aren't the most careful of creatures, but he passed on his good mind to all of his babies. I actually used to ride him and he was with me when he passed away, but he was one of my favorite horses I ever rode. I could do him in the 3'6" equitation one day and then take him out the next day and go on trails, through water, anything. Was a great old guy. I don't want to do anything big, would just love to have another good minded, honest, safe horse to do the adult equitation and sometimes the adult hunters on.

Merlin
default_wub.png
100% without a doubt. Needless to say he'd NEVER participate in the horrific, barbaric activity he's been trained for. I'd retire him instantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgG_Gwy7Ysg

Okay I'm drooling
default_smile.png
. Nice horses everyone! I've had that once in a lifetime horse - a 15'3 bay Quarter mare who was just the kindest, most wonderful horse I have ever had the privilege to own. My dreamhorse, in general a neat little reining bred horse quiet enough to trail ride. In particular, I would have taken Rugged Lark in a heartbeat. I have an APHA Last Detail daughter now who is a pretty classy mare, just not what I need to be riding.

DSCF0716.jpg

Jan
Very pretty---

My gelding Moxie's grandsire is Last Detail.

Rugged Lark was an amazing horse.

I am fortunate to have the horse I really want. I have two riding horses, but this one I got as a rescue. He had a fractured sesmoid and I let it heal and the vet said he was perfectly fine for riding. So then I had to saddle break him, and after I did that we went riding everywhere. This horse is close to my heart, even though three years ago for some reason, out of the blue, while I was holding him up to wait for the riders behind us, he suddenly bucked and threw me into a tree, breaking two ribs, my collar bone, and tearing my rotator cuff in half, LOL! Then he took off running the 3/4 mile back to the barn. I walked all the way back, barely able to move, got on him, and made him go do another mile, and he was fine. But he's so smart! I've done a lot of training with him. He will bow down, give me a kiss, hide his head under my arm when I say, "Shame on you!"

FALCPASTUREA.jpg

Latest posts

Back