If Our Minis Made

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleRibbie

Reaction score
This is a take off of something I read about dog resolutions and thought it might be fun. I'll start and maybe others can think of more to add

1.I promise not to run over and trample my human when I'm called in for dinner....I know there is plenty of food for all.

2. After my bath its not necessary to go to the only puddle in the pasture to roll.....I can and will try to look nice for more than 5 min.

3.I will try to forgive my human for the horrendous clipper job they did on me, even if I think I look like a french poodle w/varicouse veins

4. When hitched to my cart I will promise that when returning home I must not always have to trot...I am capable of going home at a walk.

5. I promise not to think that every new thing my human puts out in my pasture is carnivorous.

What are your horses resolutions

1. I promise to not poop in the trailer as soon as I get in.

2. I promise to not poop in the newly cleaned and freshly bedded stall for at least 15 minutes after mom leaves.

3. I promise to not show off my best trot when I have escaped the pasture or paddock and am running free in the yard. It makes mom mad

4. I promise to not poop in my water pail.

5. I promise to not poop in my feed dish

Do we see a trend here????
default_biggrin.png

Merry Beth would promise not to run and buck all over in the stall just because its feed time

The twins would stop stomping my barn kitties

That Redneck colt would promise not to greet me by hanging over his stall door screaming at me

Angel would promise to act like she's got a heartbeat and a pulse

My little demons would promise

1. Not to use their feed bowls as play things. Even though they enjoy watching mom climb over the fence to retrieve them.

2. Not to see who can pee more in their freshly bedded stalls.

3. Not poop in the trailer, and then proceed to lay down in it. Boy...Mom gets so mad over this!

4. Actually hold still to be shaved.

5. Wait at least till mom turns her back before dumping our newly filled water buckets.

This would be what I would wish my 4 would resolve to do:

* Not pee/poop in the stall that mom just cleaned and re-bedded while she's working on the stall right next to the clean one. We'll at least wait until she's completely done with both

* Cha Cha (10 yr old mare) will stop acting like everyone else (humans and horses alike) are all out to get her or make her do something she doesn't want to do

* Izzy (2 yr old this year) will stop acting like we NEVER FEED HER!

* Baby (yearling this year) will decide that running around is NOT a form of torture.

* Missy (yearling this year) will shed out early so we can see what amazing color is awaiting underneath all that currently silver bay coat she has (her face seems to get darker every day!). She will NOT torture me and make me wait until JUNE like her sister (Izzy) did.

* #1 on their list is that they'll keep being their fabulous selves and bringing absolute joy to my every day
default_wub.png

Goldie says that she will stop trying to bite her mommies hands off when loving on others, there is plenty of love to go around.

Baby Girls says ok, im almost two and not a puppy dog, I am a big girl, I need to stop laying in my mommies laps when they sit on the ground.

All the pregnant mares say we will let our mommies touch our bags to check on progress and not try to chew their legs off.

The stallions say when it comes to breeding our mares we will behave like perfect gentlemen and respect our mommies and our girls.

And everyone that comes in the barn will try and not poop and pee in their nicely cleaned stall as soon as they step foot in it.

Oh and too add our puppy Marley will stop thinking the barn cat is a stuffed animal. And that everything in the barn is edible and she can not walk herself with every lead rope in the barn.

Polly: to let mom pet someone other than me, the world doesn't revolve around me!

Nort: I'd stop nosing mom in the butt when she's bent over cleaning out my water tub.

Lady: I'll stop stepping on mom's feet

Fox: I'll quit playing games and chasing the other girls when it's supper time.

Roz: I'll stop tipping over my feed pan and spilling the feed on the ground.

Toots: I'll stop pawing while waiting for dinner.

The babies say they'll quit making messes.

Jay's would be: I promise to stop grabbing the halter with my teeth every time mom goes to put it on.

Will stop acting like standing still for 30 seconds is torture.

Will try not to gain speed after the first jump, mom just can't keep up.

Slippers: I will stop going under the fence to visit the horses in the other pasture. Mom has a heart attack when she can't find me.

I will have a healthy foal.

I will try to remember that Velcro is not the kiss of death.

Our minis were having a really hard time with this concept, so it took a bit of time. And Princess kept insisting that she was PERFECT and didn't need to make any changes. But finally, they came up with these:

Buckshot: I will not redecorate my stall when I am bored. The stall mats and salt block can stay where they are.

Cowboy: I will come in when the other horses do, and not make Mom make extra trips to the pasture to get me. And I will not try to rub my mane off on the fence!

Sox: I will not poop right in front of the barn door.

Mira: I will not pee right in front of the barn door.

Max: I will not cop an attitude when asked to do something I would really rather not do right then.

Ruby: I will try to keep my stall neater and not spread poop and hay everywhere.

Fizz: I will try to stay out of the way when Mom is sweeping and feeding.

Princess: I will not buck or rear when Mom is putting my blanket on.

My horses promises he will not,

1) Rub his tail out right before a show.

2) Run in the stall right after it was cleaned and see just how bad he could mess it up.

3) Will not let his pasture mates chew his ears till they are bloody.

4) Will learn to like that new harness he got for Christmas.

The first time we put the harness on him to adjust it he broke down, and cried the hole time we where adjusting it. Poor little guy is a tad emo...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Herds resolutions...

Striker - I will accept that Mom loves both me & the "other one" (listed below) equally & stop fighting with him.

Ari - I guess I'll ditto what "Mr Perfect" said above.

Dunny - I will try not to think that each meal is my last & actually take longer than 5 seconds to consume it.

Princess - I will try to poop in one place in my stall instead of where ever the urge hits me & then walking through it.

Axel - I will try & cut my play/rough house time down. I guess "the others" need to eat.

Bugattie - I will try but I make no guarantees to be more accepting of my ears being touched.

Moonie - I will come say HI! like "the others" do when visitors come to the farm.

Patty Cake - I will try to hang out more with "the others" instead of the visiting shetlands.

2) Run in the stall right after it was cleaned and see just how bad he could mess it up.

The first time we put the harness on him to adjust it he broke down, and cried the hole time we where adjusting it. Poor little guy is a tad emo...
Is that what you call it..."a TAD emo"???? He's so emo...he killed the carebear, and buried it!

Is that what you call it..."a TAD emo"???? He's so emo...he killed the carebear, and buried it!
Poor care bear....

All of my stallion would: Stop acting like goofballs and bouncing off the walls every time a new horse comes in the barn

Bob will stop throwing his jolly ball out of his stall every five min. just to make me put it back in and will stop removing boards from his door (about 2 ft tall now)

Ellie will stop grabbing halters and taking off with them every time I go to catch someone!

The boys have promised ......... (all of which I take with a pinch of salt LOL!!)

Anselmo .....I promise not to put the head collar into my mouth everytime Mum tries to put it on. I also promise not to threaten to eat her kneecaps while she's leading me around.

Dragon .....I promise to always look in the direction that Mum wants to go. I also promise not to keep insisting my friend and companion Spotty-bot play with me, when I know full well he is only interested in eating the grass.

Mootie........I promise to stop acting like a big fierce boy when I know full well no-one is taking me seriously.

PT.............I promise to at last realise that anyone standing on my right hand side is not there to scare me to death.

PC...........I promise not to swing my head so violently and deliberately so as to trip Mum up with my foot when she's leading me.

Muffin.........I promise not to hang on to the field gate keeping it tightly shut, when Mum is trying to open it to bring me in.

The grils have promised - en masse!

To stop in time when we rush to meet Mum as she walks across the fields to see us.

Anna

I think the resolutions are working! Cowboy just came in with the rest of the horses and Princess stood nice and still when I put her blanket on. I wonder how long this will last???

Those of you whose horses haven't written resolutions yet might want to get them going!!!

Rather than just assume what everyone's resolution would be, I decided to go right to the source and ask the horse(s). I took a tape recorder and transcribed this conversation.

MINGUS: Hi Mom...mmm, nice ear scratch...where's the horse cookies? Want to go for a drive? Where's my lunch? Get out of here Scarlet...Flash, I see you looking at me...Food? Oh yeah...what did you ask?

SUSANNE: A nice person on the forum wants to know your New Year's Resolutions, so I said I'd ask.

THELONIUS: Scarlet says she resolves not to pee in our hay any more, hehe.

SCARLET: You just hush, shortie! Well now...I'm supposed to make a New Year's Resolution? Well, bless her heart, isn't that a cute idea! Let's see...I could try not to be so pretty so that I don't make Thelonius look bad...

THELONIUS: Don't you wish, Miss Spotty! Maybe you could resolve to stop "winking" at Flash --

(Loud horse laugh from MINGUS)

SCARLET: You are just rude! Perhaps you should resolve to grow a mane, Thelonius!

FLASH: Dudes! And Dudette -- cool it! I've got one: I resolve to prove that Mr. Hot Shot isn't the only one who can pull a cart -- and believe me, my trot rocks!

MINGUS: Yeah, if you ever moved faster than a walk, you might be able to prove it!

SCARLET: You men! I have a great resolution. I resolve to show that I'm not the center of the universe, so enough talk about me. Let's hear what YOU think of ME.

(THELONIUS and MINGUS fall on the ground laughing hysterically)

SUSANNE: Come on, you guys! It's raining and cold out here and I'm sure you all want to get back into your shelter.

MINGUS: (out of breath from laughing) So, where's the food? I swear I heard you say food...

SUSANNE: Yeah...how else could I get your attention? Other than saying you're beautiful, and with that mohawk of a bridle path, well...

MINGUS: Last I knew, you're the keeper of the scissors...

THELONIUS: Yeah...good one, Mingman!

MINGUS: Oh bite me!

THELONIUS: I know...I know! I resolve not to kiss Mingus' butt! No more Mr. Nice Guy for me!

SCARLET: And just WHEN were you Mr. Nice Guy? I must have been looking the other way...

MINGUS: OK, if it gets me food I'll make a resolution. I resolve that mom and dad will buy me a harness and cart worthy of me.

SUSANNE: Geez...OK, here's a horse cookie for each of you...It's a good thing I love you all!

These are great!!
default_thumbup.gif

HorseMom said:
I will try to remember that Velcro is not the kiss of death.
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

I have to admit my kids are all pretty good but there's always things we can work on.
default_poke.gif

Spyderman (King of the Herd at 33 years and 14.3h): I resolve to keep my itching under control this year and will ask my Aunt Deb for help when it gets too bad. I will NOT rub myself raw, bald, or into cellulitis. I will NOT rub so hard on the posts that the barn overhang trembles. I will NOT make Mommy do that funny whimpering/shrieking thing and rip her hair out by getting my eye to swell up for no reason overnight just when she thought I was under control. I WILL eat all my food like a good boy (he's keeping that one nicely at the moment) and I will continue to be patient with the baby. (Spyder says to tell you he's been amazingly good at this new Grandpa thing and I have to agree. I've never seen him so mellow!) He also says he'll try to be calm when I take the littles out to shows and such but it's lonely being the only one left behind and he misses quality time with Mom.
default_sad.png
He doesn't miss shows though- Yuck!

Kody (still The Man even if he can't prove it right now): I resolve to stay ON my diet this year, meaning I will eat what is put in front of me instead of turning up my nose and making Mama cry. I will not worry her with ulcers, injuries, fevers, viruses, stifles, or any other sort of vet-bill-incurring malady. I WILL BE HEALTHY. I will let Aunt Deb and Aunt Cindy and the chiropractor work on my back without telling any of them to jump off a bridge or get stuffed or take trips in handbaskets. I will not make rude gestures at those trying to help. I will continue to do good on my lateral work so my back will get stronger and someday I can pull a cart again. I will continue to be respectful on the leadline because Mommy says that's really good and she's very proud of me for it. I will TRY to learn to put up with that little pipsqueak and not give him filthy looks when Mom leads both of us at once. I will not trip Mommy and make her fall flat on her face by diving across in front of her to beat up on said Pipsqueak. I am The Man and I do not need to prove it. I will remember that Spyder is not allowed to threaten me when Mommy is working with us and pay that back now that I am the aggressor. If my back hurts I will not ignore that to play with the baby and accidentally reinjure myself. He will still be there to play with tomorrow and Mommy wants me better.

Turbo ("The Baby"): I resolve to stop tackling Kody and trying to get Pony Rides across the length of the entire paddock- I know this hurts Kody and Mom gets really annoyed. I will drop the new habits of pawing things and using my mouth because I want to keep my jewels and Mommy says she's taking them away if I don't.
default_unsure.png
(I'm not really sure what my jewels are but they sound valuable.) I resolve to keep finding new and inventive ways to keep myself occupied- Mommy finds it really funny when I knock the barrels down and roll them around the arena. She also likes it when I pick up the obstacle boxes and run around with them, back up to and kick the tetherball repeatedly, fling the cones and stomp my Jolly Ball. Games are fun! I will learn to stand calmly in the trailer and not spin in dizzy little circles trying to see where Kody is. (Mommy says I'm really not that bad about it but I'll still try to be better.) I'm going to stop pinning my ears at big men and little girls and I will not use my hind feet when someone small runs up to me suddenly. I will stop sassing the older horses and taking advantage of Spyder's good nature. Mommy says if I'm good then I can try some Big Boy Games in the summer and learn to go out and wear a harness like Kody did so I'm going to try really hard to remember these rebo...reso...resovutions!

Leia

Latest posts

Back