If anybody can help me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky1

Reaction score
I'm hoping on finding someone to help me get started on driving. I've already hitched him up to my new EE cart, but I know that I'm not doing it correctly so I'm looking for some help. I'm located around the Kingston area in Ontario, if anyone can help me!

Thanks!

Hi Rocky and welcome to the wonderful world of DRIVING! :aktion033:

I don't live near you, but encourage you to educate yourself via the Regency Performance Miniatures web site, it is a good one! http://www.regencymini.com/booklet/harness1.shtml

Has your fellow been trained to drive already? Or are you the one doing the training? I also encourage you to look into local driving clubs, etc. that can help get you on your way.
default_smile.png

Thanks, I checked out that site before(it's a great site!!), but I'm a "hands on" type of learner. Thats why I'm looking for someone close by. I just am looking for someone to show me the ropes, correct what I'm doing wrong and basically be "on call" for the next few weeks while he's being driven.

My boy hasn't been trained to drive..I know, I know green and green is not good togther, but my buddy is pretty rock steady and not much fazes him. We hooked up the cart to him(after playing with old shafts first) and he was not fazed at all...he couldn't have cared less that this was new and exciting.

If anybody can point me in the direction of a local club(It can't be far...no trailer) so I can only go by myself So it really limits me.

Have a look at the Ontario Miniature Horse Club site, I think it's www.mhco.ca and you'll get some contacts off there. Some of them may be close to you.

Offhand, I don't know which Ontario members live where; you might contact Lori Rafter at Maple Mountain Miniatures (MiLO Minis here on the forum)--she does a lot of training & driving (from show ring to CDE). She's near Toronto I think, but she should be able to point you at someone in your area that can help you.

Latest posts

Back