Idol

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do believe we will see / hear more from Adam than Kris. There has only been two previous Idol winners who are still around as far as hearing their names, their music and that is Kelly Clarkston and Carrie Underwood. The other winners...don't even remember their names, heck couldn't even point them out in a line up. lol

You have to add Chris Daughtry in there!!! He just released a new album and it sold over a million in a matter of days!!!

default_biggrin.png
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so glad Kris won...yes, Adam is a great singer, but I too was sick of his dramatics and screaming. He will be successful even though he didn't win. Kris has been my choice for a couple months now. He can write, play instruments, arrange, and sing...very talented.

Chris Daughtry wasn't a winner though. I think he came in fourth.

While I think Kris is very talented, I am also an Adam fan! I really think he should of won. That said, like mentioned above by someone else he will not have any strings to what he does now, he can take his career and go! I look forward to his first album, I hope it is not all hard rock, I really like to hear him sing his heart out in a good song, not just screaming.

I do believe we will see / hear more from Adam than Kris. There has only been two previous Idol winners who are still around as far as hearing their names, their music and that is Kelly Clarkston and Carrie Underwood. The other winners...don't even remember their names, heck couldn't even point them out in a line up. lol

You have to add Chris Daughtry in there!!! He just released a new album and it sold over a million in a matter of days!!!
Chris Daughtry wasn't a winner but he is another one who's music I enjoy. I have his first album and one of Kelly's and do plan on buying both of their new cds.

You don't have to win Idol to be successful and I will agree with whomever said that Adam not winning Idol was probably to his benefit.
default_yes.gif

I am not an Idol fan, really any of the "reality" tv shows turn me off so just thought I didn't recognize the one that was all the "hype" singing amidst the confetti last night when I came in.

They had a little blub on him on one of the morning shows. Most of the Idol winners are from the south and Kris is a married, church going boy from AK. They compared him to Mine That Bird in that he has really come on strong in the home stretch. Kris being the amateur most likely helped him win the crowds vote as Adam has been doing this since he was 10. They also figured the judges ranting and raving and basically giving it to Adam the night before most likely inspired people to vote more for Kris...I know it would have me.
default_wink.png

"Well, I am one who was and is an Adam fan" YUP i really thought he would win honestly i cried

[SIZE=36pt]HUGE[/SIZE] Chris Daughtry fan here, he was my favorite from the get-go that season, so while I was bummed when he made it to fourth and got booted, it WASN"T a surprise when he hit it as big as he has on his own without the AI title! ( By the way BRAND NEW cd comes out July 14th, and you can bet I'll be the first to get it
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png
!! ! )

Also can't forget Josh Gracin, cute country Marine (from season 2) made it to top 4 and was kicked off, he's HUGE in country, hear more about him than the top three (Studdard, Aiken and Locke
default_rolleyes.gif
)

Even though I'm still disappointed that Adam didn't win; I have to say this year's top 10 was the most talented group they've ever put up there. I think they will all do well! Kris will be the better "poster boy" for American Idol but I think all of the top 10 will have careers and some of them will be spectacular!

Six minutes before American Idol was to air, the Fox channel went down in our area! So, I missed the whole show. :arg!

I like Adam and Chris but am really glad Chris won. I think the judges ruined it for Adam when they basically said that he was the next American Idol.

Being from Arkansas, I am thrilled that Kris won!!!! Whoohoo go Kris!!!

I loved it when he sang with my all time favorite singer "Keith Urban", man that was good!!!

I would absolutely buy his cd, but sorry to say that I did not like Adam at all. I probably will not buy his cd if he comes out with one, but I know that he will get a record deal somewhere else as well as Danny. I loved Danny too!

I love all of the American Idols. Some of my favorites are Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, David Cook and now Kris!!! And I know he's not an idol but I love Daughtry too. I think this show is great for opening doors to many singers. It is a shame that the top four couldn't all be American Idols. They each deserved it.

Also, I disagree with all who said that Kris will not make a name for himself and that it will be "Kris who" before too long. I think he will make it big, and adam too. There is nothing wrong with two from American Idol making names for themselves. As Kris and Adam both said, its not a competition anymore, they are just having fun and making people happy. They could both skyrocket off the charts and I know they are already writing their own songs and getting ready for what the future has to hold for them. You CAN listen to both.

I was disappointed with the results as well. I thought Adam should've won hands down. While Kris may (or may not) be more marketable, Adams vocals are far more superior and the judges said numerous times Adam can sing anything.
I agree! And altho I was surprised Kris won, I was not shocked. For some reason it sems to me that the reality shows are doing this bait and switch thing...or playing up one person and the other person ends up winning. Case in point, H e l l 's Kitchen, Dancing With the Stars and now Idol. All the same scenarios. Makes me wonder about that voting thing. I tried many times to call in my vote for Adam...could not get thru. Dissappointing! I love Adam's performances from day one and had my eye on him from the auditions. Danny was my "just in case" vote. Kris seems like a nice young man, but for me, he's too mild....somewhat boring....altho I did enjoy when he performed with Keith Urban...could have been because of ...well...Keith Urban. I guess I just don't like his style and his facial movements when he sings. Too much going on there, eyes closed etc.... But have to say that for me Adam is a major entertainer/singer/performer. It tickles me to hear and watch him hit the high notes and would'nt hurt my feelings none to be able to see him in concert.

So now it's on to other things until January. So You Think You Can Dance, The Bachelorette, America's Got Talent, and in the fall Survivor again. Something still bugging me tho.....I'm not 100% buying the network's voting procedures.
default_rolleyes.gif

default_unsure.png

The new album is not being released until July 14.... are you talking abut pre-orders on Amazon?

I too was extremely disappointed that Adam didn't win since it was obvious from day one that he overshadowed everyone in pur talent. I was shocked when Kris was still around because I thought personally the last three standing should have been Adam, Danny and Alison. I thought the two who would battle it out would be Adam and Danny and either or I would have been thrilled. I don't think Kris has the talent for any kind of staying power. Perhaps he will do well in the U.S. with the tweenies BUT I think Adam is going to be an international star. I will be buying his records and hope someday he tours internationally
default_biggrin.png

My pick has been Kris for some time...Adam is a wonderful singer when he sings a ballad...but he does do alot of theatrics and does scream sometime...I don't think anyone said he screams all the time...but personally I think he went too much over the top and that's what cost him...he will still be sucessful IMO... the younger generation adores him. I didn't like that link of The National Anthem...but I am extremely picky on the Anthem.

My pick has been Kris for some time...Adam is a wonderful singer when he sings a ballad...but he does do alot of theatrics and does scream sometime...I don't think anyone said he screams all the time...but personally I think he went too much over the top and that's what cost him...he will still be sucessful IMO... the younger generation adores him. I didn't like that link of The National Anthem...but I am extremely picky on the Anthem.
I guess I like unique voices, something different, that is why I also like Alison. She reminded me of Janis Jopplin (her voice). There are too many Kris type voices out there. I think Kris will be perfect for the "Disney" type crowd, safe, sweet sounding type. I think Kris will do very well in the U.S. but I still believe that Adam and Alison will go international with their albums because of their uniqueness, strong vocal skills. I don't think the song written for the winning idol was very flattering for Adam to sing nor for Kris. I thought it was a very mediocre song and neither of them sang it very well the night before the final. It's truly unfortunate, IMO, that many people started bashing Adam and strated focusing on the rumours that he is gay. That is why Adam lost, it certainly is not because of lack of talent because his vocal range surpassed all other contestants. I read some pretty nasty stuff on some blogs towards the rumours that he was gay. I guess there are alot of judgemental people out there, very unfortunate.

Yep, I'm another that was SOOOOOOO VERY DISPPOINTED that Kris won! (in my opinion, he always sounds the same, and sounds like he is singing with his nose plugged!!) I just feel Adam got ripped off...he clearly has the better voice, and more talent. THAT is what America is SUPPOSED TO BE voting for, but I think Kris got it because of all the young girls getting all googly-eyed over him! In my opinion, Kris is not even in the same league as Adam, and I don't think he should have even made it any further than 4th. I'm not mad that Adam lost, if he had lost fairly, but I honestly feel he lost for all the wrong reasons. I feel bad for him, but like others have said, at least finsihing the position he did, allows him to go out NOW and conquer the world!!

My sister said she was so mad she threw the remote!

See I didn't find Adam's voice "unique", nor Kris' for that matter. I did find Adam's persona and arrangements unique, but not really his voice, but he did have alot of range. Now Danny and Allison both had unique voices. I don't think Adam didn't win because he may/may not be gay. And as far as the younger crowd, Adam was more the pick...even many on here said how their young daughters just went crazy over him.

I agree, that song was terrible they made them sing, I cringed when both of them sang it.

Kris really reminds me of Kieth Urban (so that was a good combo), he has the same singing style...so I am surprised I liked Kris because I don't care for Kieth Urban.

Adam reminded me of David Bowie (with a much better voice) and I never liked David Bowie either.

I think the thing that made me like Kris more was the fact that he could play instruments...I really think Adam is more of a broadway type singer/entertainer...Gene Simmons from Kiss said that Adam was not really a rock singer but was more believable singing ballads or doing broadway. But then I heard that Queen asked him to record Bohemian Rhapsody for them...I think he would do awesome at that.

I guess it's all in what you like, I don't like to be distracted with dramatics or trying to put "too much" into a song. And I think Adam will do better on his own...I can't see him agreeing much with whatever American Idol made him do.

Hopefully they won't make Kris record that crappy song from the show, it was awful. I think my favorite song he did was "Falling Slowly"...that one was awesome. I downloaded that one.

Back