Idol

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Adam did great on "Mad World" and the video you just posted showed more of his softer range as well. I didn't mean that he screams all the time but I just felt he spent over half the songs in his upper range. His upper range is great but I just felt he could have used it more sparingly. As we have learned in the past, it really doesn't matter who ends up winning AI because the top 3 go on to do great things in the end. I think that will be very true this season! The top 4 were amazing and any one of them could have taken it home!

Did anyone watch Larry King Live last night? They had Kris and Adam on and the other singers as well. First I have to say that Kris and Adam both were very charming and very well spoken. I liked Danny's voice as well because I love jazz and he has that raspy kind of quality to his voice. Alison is another amazing talent and if I heard her voice on the radio I would immediately know who it was, no questions about that. I am anxiously awating to see if Adam and Alison will record the duet they did together. Their combined talent blew me away when they did that song. They are both more "rock" than ballad type of singers and perhaps that is why I liked both of them as much as I did. Now I anxisouly await for these two to make their first album so I can go out and buy them. I am also hoping that these two make it international as my grandaughter has already asked me if we can go see them in concert
default_biggrin.png
For now she will have to do with Bryan Adams, I am taking her to his concert on August 8th here in Ottawa. She went about a month ago to see "Great Big Sea" and I understand she danced and danced and sang and sang, lol. You should have seen her face when she was watching the season finally of Idol when "Kiss" came out. She was not familiar with them, ROFL. Her eyes went as big as saucers and she said "Grandma, I want to go out on Halloween as "Kiss", lol. She loved their antics and wild makeup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you noticed that most of the American Idol winners (if not all of them) are more laid back, Christian, clean cut, non discript singers.

Kelly Clarkson is a good singer, but she fits that bill, as does Carrie Underwood. Both are really good singers,(and stand out) but have that girl next door (or had) look and personality. I think Carrie would have made it without Idol, I do not think Kelly would have. Same with the guys. After a while one says, who are they? I was trying to think of the Idol winners and what they are doing today. Hard to do!!!!

Adam lost, because he is not a clean cut boy next door singer.(plus, God forbid, he is gay (so what!!). For that reason, he will be Internationaly famous. Sorry to say, I can almost gurantee that Kris will be, Kris who in about 2 to 3 years. He does not have it in him to stand out in a crowd. He did not have it in him even on Idol to stand out. How many times was he in the bottom 3 in the beginning of Idol? How many of you can remember every one of his performances? How many of you could not wait till the following week to watch him sing?

Kris won because of the twinnys, as well as the Christian vote, the family, boy next door, clean cut vote. Did you notice how many preteen girls were at his hometown gathering? Not so with Adam.

How many of you can remember every one of Adams performances? I can remember all of them, and I am far from a Twinny
default_rolleyes.gif
. That guy has a rang of voice that any other performer could only wish to have. You can count on less than 1 hand how many performers can sing like that. I can say, he made American Idol VERY enjoyable this year, where I looked forward to seeing him sing. I did fast forward past most of the other singers. They were just too boring.

As for you who say he belongs on stage. Hello....when was the last time any of you went to a concert? They all perform and put on a show. If they don't, no one would go back to one of their performances. Alas, Kris will probably never tour, he does not have it in him to be anything but the boring boy next door.

It was a travisty that Adam did not win, as it was that Chris Daugherty did not win. Both will have long carriers, the winners will not. Perhaps they need to rename American Idol. Because the best will almost never win.

Adam's really got 'something'. I have never, in the whole run of this show, cared about the singers or the competition or anything. Someone sent me a link of Adam singing, and this season? I cared.

Personally I feel, both have talent and BOTH have won..... Simon is going to make sure of that.
default_wink.png

Right now I'm more interested in "Britain's Got Talent" ........ There are probably a HALF DOZEN excellent talents!!! One of them being Susan Boyle. And then there is Jamie Pugh........and .....and.......and.......whew!!!! This has GOT to be the best year ever!!!!

I agree that Adam will go international. With comments I have read from other sites many people from around the world were commenting on him so his appeal will be far more reaching that Kris but Kris will do well in the U.S., at least for awhile and there is nothing wrong with that. Carrie Underwood has strong christian beliefs, she is going out with our "Mike Fisher" from the Ottawa Senators hockey NHL club here in Ottawa. I spotted her a few times in Ottawa and did a double take but she travels to Ottawa to watch Mike at the games. He also has very strong chritian principals and they make an absolutely stunning couple in the looks department.

I just found out that "Kiss" is coming to Ottawa in July, to the Bluesfest. Don't ask me what the heck their type of music has to do with "Bluesfest" but I am going to take my grandaughter,
default_biggrin.png
who said they were "rad", lol. She just likes the makeup and the theatrics. Don't know if grandma can stand an entire concert of their antics, I will bring earplugs for her and I
default_laugh.png

Yes, the show Britain's got talent is going to be EXTREMELY interesting... so much talent, AMAZING.

OMG Danielle, you actually liked a clip from Fox...lol...I couldn't resist...
default_wink.png

We were all shocked at my house, too. Although, I had heard Paula said she thought Kris might win because he and Danny were similar and he would pull in the "Danny" votes. I think that is what happened. I thought this was a great season!

Danny was our favorite. He is an amazing singer, and we are a little biased because of how he was widowed. His wife died from the same heart defect that my youngest daughter has. And that's not a happy thing, but seeing how devoted he is to her really warmed our hearts.

However, I absolutely LOVED Adam. I think my husband got tired of seeing me look like this
default_wub.png
whenever he would sing! LOL

We thoroughly enjoyed Idol this season and I can't wait until all of the top solo CD's come out - I willl definitely be buying Adam's, Kris', Allison's and Danny's!

Barbara

Latest posts

Back