ideas welcome

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
I've been quilting up a storm and have completed what I had initially started to do. Unfortunately, I am unhappy with the result. I think I need more quilting (of some kind) inside the stars. Unfortunately, I am stuck. I've tried a swirl design - didn't like it. And since the stars are sorta on their sides, concentric stars inside become really oddly shaped after about two lines. I'm hoping someone will have a good idea of what I can put inside the stars to increase the quilting density.

I'm not afraid of doing a lot of quilting, so anything is feasible.

waiting on binding 001.JPG

waiting on binding 003.JPG

waiting on binding 004.JPG

You could quilt straight lines from each star point to the opposite point, the lines would cross in the middle and form a 'starburst'.

Your quilt is beautiful!

I finally made a decision. Inside the stars needed something and I drew out many, many options. I decided a small stippling pattern would be perfect. It needed to be something fairly densely packed because I wanted the quilting density to be the same overall. Can you see it? Just in case you can't I've got one picture with the pattern still drawn on. I've got about half the stars done so I'm on my way.

stippling half done 001.JPG

stippling half done 002.JPG

stippling half done 003.JPG

Back