quilting pattern help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
I've started the quilting on my star quilt. I'm doing in the ditch around each star, and then again about an inch inside the star (doesn't show up real good in the picture) But here is my problem. I've got two ideas for the white space between the stars. One is a design and I've made a template. I'd quilt just around the outside of it. The second is sorta like interstellar "wind" and I've drawn that on a piece of paper and placed it on the quilt. I'd love some feedback. Which looks best?

quilting pattern, maybe 001.JPG

quilting pattern, maybe 002.JPG

quilting pattern, maybe 003.JPG

quilting pattern, maybe 004.JPG

I like the wind one better. The other seems more suited to a more "romantic" quilt pattern. Both are lovely, and I like the way to figure out how to place the design with a paper pattern. I've never seen that before, and it is certainly something I will try.

Did you know you can use that press and seal stuff (sorta like cling wrap)? You stick it to your quilt, draw on your quilting pattern and quilt right thru the press and seal wrap, then just pull it off when you're done. Couldn't be any easier.

Did you know you can use that press and seal stuff (sorta like cling wrap)? You stick it to your quilt, draw on your quilting pattern and quilt right thru the press and seal wrap, then just pull it off when you're done. Couldn't be any easier.
There are so many quilting aids now! Quilting is not my "thing", so I don't keep up with them. But there are are wonderful aids now. I didn't know about that paper either. I might look into it, as it could be useful for my recycled crafting.

I think I like them both, but the wind one looks like too much work to me, so I'd pick the other one.
default_whistling.gif
default_wink.png

Back