I'd Like to Introduce you to the Newest Member of the Family

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
After much thought, Kevin and I have decided to welcome Barrick to the farm. He is a coming 4 year old 16.1h Thoroughbred.

He is so sweet and gentle. Great on the longe and under saddle and has virtually no spook in him; he acts like a 10 year old. He's a former race horse and is now going to be a spoiled, very loved part of Shiloh Farms! He'll be coming home a couple of weeks
default_biggrin.png

Barrick1.jpg

Oh Matt! You got him!
default_thumbup.gif
I am happy you found the one for you!

Carol

Thanks guys
default_biggrin.png
I have to get a pic of him that's not facing his front from the rear as it makes his neck look shorter than it is and you can't really see his pretty head
default_wink.png
I just talked to the breeder and we're going to pick him up on the 21st... I'm so excited. Now...I'm going to The Royal on Friday; my credit card better watch out
default_wink.png

Oh Matt!! That is so exciting! He's beautiful
default_wub.png

Just because I'm a freak like that - what is his registered name? I'd love to look up his pedigree :D

Way to go Matt........look at that shoulder & hip.....bet he has a lovely trot and canter........well, ok, once he gets well settled and remembers he is not a "race horse" anymore....... wow, he is really nice!

Congrats!!!

Very nice Matt!!! He's pretty!!!!!
default_wub.png

You're going to be at the Royal on Friday????

As long as things go as planned, I will be there part of Friday too....heading to Dressage night on Thursday for my first time ever!
default_rolleyes.gif
Been to the Royal a number of times, but have never made it to Dressage night.....fancy dress picked out (ok it's not that fancy), but I have to get heels on Wednesday.....
default_new_shocked.gif
yeah, I don't do dress-up well!!!
default_laugh.png

I'll keep an eye out for you there!!

~kathryn

Welcoming your new big boy home. I hope he fits right in and becomes a wonderful addition to your furfriend family.

Thanks everyone. Kathryn, I'll keep an eye out for you too! I'm sure you'll love the dressage! Nothing like a night of Dressage and/or Show Jumping at the Royal.

Lisa, his registered name is Barrick. He's named after one of the largest gold mines in the world. He is out of a mare named Sago, which was the big coal mine (the one that had the disaster occur a few years back, but she was named before that). He is by a stallion named Chapel Royal: http://signaturestallions.com/images/signa...humbsize=_thumb

P.S. If you look at his pedigree, check out who his grand sire (on his sire's side is). Who knew HE sired race horses?
default_new_rofl.gif

Oh Matt!! That is so exciting! He's beautiful
default_wub.png

Just because I'm a freak like that - what is his registered name? I'd love to look up his pedigree :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back