I went shopping

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Songcatcher

Reaction score
Valliant, OK 74764 near Texas and Arkansas
As many of you know, my stallion, Bears Snips Illustration (a.k.a. Bandit) is my pride and joy.

He is everything I could ask for (well, almost).

Beautiful markings, blue eyes, and terrific disposition.

Well, I decided to go to Bear Farms looking for another like him. Ralph and Shirley Bear are fantastic!

They have so many beautiful horses to choose from and are wonderful to work with.

I went planning to get ONE, but how can you settle on just one?

I talked Ralph into selling me this lovely mare, Bears Showin In Genes.

JPF Little Snip X A Little Special. Genie is 32 inches and is a half sister to Bandit.

She is in foal to Kahoka Palomino James.

fktmp37_0134.jpg

Well, like I said, who can choose just one? So I also bought her four month old filly

(who is just ready to wean). To top it off, this filly is sired by Liliputs Calumet,

a drop dead gorgeous Black and White stallion that I have drooled over for some time.

Her pending name is Bear Farms Consider The Lilies. She is a very minimally marked Pinto

with a small white spot on the right side of her neck and on her withers, as well as some white

in her tail and of course the legs. She also has Sabino roaning throughout her body.

(Sorry for the size of the picture, I tried resizing it. I think Photobucket has a mind of its own sometimes.)

fktmp6_0042.jpg

Well, while I was there, I also ran across this little thing. Hobby Knolls Black Eyed Legend.

All 29 inches of him. I had two compartments in the trailer so why not?

He is one of the wildest marked Pintos I have seen and has beautiful blue eyes.

He is sired by Hemlock Brooks Silver Legend. He will never take Bandit's place,

but I have a couple of mares I think he will be a good cross on.

fktmp21_0088.jpg

IMG_2756_089.jpg

I have got to quit shopping! My place is about filled to capacity.

:aktion033: Wow now thats some good shopping.

Congratulations on your new additions! :aktion033:

Songcatcher - you certainly picked some beautiful horses!

Black-Eye was owned by a friend of ours at Hobby Knolls Miniatures in Iowa. You won't believe this, but we own his dam, Hemlock Brooks Amber Lace, who is 23 years young, and just a beautiful older lady. She has had 12 foals, and Black-Eye was her first foal. Here's her picture:

amberpasture4ba.jpg

ralph and shirley are wonderful people!! i visited him about a year ago when i was there seeing family. Luckily (or unluckily lol) i went when christmas was approaching so had no money to buy
default_sad.png
at the time he had a beautiful max white overo filly i wanted so bad!!! Congrats on your new babiews

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I LOVE shopping..and looks like you got some beauties!!! :new_shocked:

Congratulations, Freeland!!! You bought some super looking horses! I thought I read on another post somewhere that you had a new stallion and I was anxious to see just what you got. Looks like you got a great deal, to me! :bgrin

Very nice!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: Congratulations!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Liz R.

i got 2 new pair of sneakers last week on my shopping trip what am i doing wrong?

I'm not shopping at the right store i guess

[SIZE=14pt]but wow !! what a wonderful shopping trip you had[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]beautiful horses [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] best of luck[/SIZE]

Lori

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Some shopping trip! Is that what you call goin' hog wild??? :new_shocked: Gorgeous new horses there!

Charlotte

Congrats on your colorful shopping trip! :aktion033:

I have one of their mares. She is a real doll. Little red and white paint. Only problem is she was only registered R and is the only R I have, so I am going to sell her.

Ooohhh, nice! I've never been so lucky as to be able to buy 3 at once, though. Maybe I need to go shopping at the Bear's next time!

Congratulations, and I love his face marking--it goes right along with Bandit's, doesn't it?

default_wub.png
: Beautiful horses.... :aktion033: .......I want to go shopping tooo.......
default_wink.png
: ...can I borrow your checkbook Freeland????

I promise I will give it back when I am done shopping.
default_yes.gif
:

Thank you everyone for your compliments. I am so happy with these horses.

Congratulations, and I love his face marking--it goes right along with Bandit's, doesn't it?
His face markings and blue eyes were a major selling point. I really love the wild colors.

Beautiful horses.... aktion033.gif .......I want to go shopping tooo....... wink.gif ...can I borrow your checkbook Freeland????I promise I will give it back when I am done shopping. yes.gif
Sorry Susan, but I'm afraid its not much good anymore. I kind of splurged! Kind of a Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, Happy Aniversary, Get Well Soon, and anything else I could think of.

I have one of their mares. She is a real doll. Little red and white paint. Only problem is she was only registered R and is the only R I have, so I am going to sell her.
Dandy, these are all double registered AMHA/AMHR. As a matter of fact, Legend is also Pinto registered as well.

REO, you know I am going to have to send you some pictures and info to update my website. I'm working on getting it together.

Thanks again to everyone for the compliments.

Congratulations, Freeland, on your beautiful new horses. They are all special..I guess we are kin now since yu bought Calumets daughter.. :bgrin I'll have to tell Party Favor..

Latest posts

Back