I want to kick something!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa

Reaction score
I’ve been having issues with my boss since the beginning (two months ago), but I’ve dealt with it because I like my job (the challenge, the people, the money, the authority and the flexibility). My boss, unfortunately, is chauvinistic, an jerk to the extreme, impatient, lacking in morals and inconsiderate. I have tried to just ignore it all and think about it just as a job and whatever if he’s like that. Grit my teeth and look forward to when he leaves the office. The last week was the last straw though. He text me last Sunday telling me that because they will be out of the office a lot this week moving their mom they won’t need me until Wednesday. That made me angry. This is supposed to be a full-time job that I am being paid by the hour. I lost $240.00 because they “don’t need me” and I am took Thursday morning off because of a doctor’s appointment. My last two pay cheques were $600- I have to pay my first payment on my car, I have to pay my overdue cell bill and I have other bills that I need to pay.

Then tonight I got a text saying that they would barely be in until Thursday, so I "can have it off". THEN I called his cell twice, called his brother's cell once, left a message on my boss's cell, and text messaged him, then called the bar and sat on hold for five minutes and found out when the server came back that she told him I was on the phone for him and he walked right by the phone and out the door to leave. I am so angry I am quitting immediately. That's it, I'm done, Finito!

I need a job that gives me security that I will have the opportunity to make the money I need to live. I also need a job where I am treated with respect!

Aw, sorry it sucks so bad. I hope something works out for you, soon.

(((hugs)))

Liz

Heh, I had a job like that (briefly) where they told me they "didn't need me" for a few days. Then they called and it was a few more days. Then two weeks. Somehow I wasn't surprised when they called a final time to tell me not to bother to come back in as they were letting me go.
default_rolleyes.gif
By then I'd already signed back up with a temp agency because the twelve foot tall letters on the wall were easy to read and like you I needed to pay the bills.

I'm sorry you're having a tough time!

Leia

How does unemployment insurance work there? Here, if you quit, you are not eligible. I don't know if you have that in Canada? Just reading what you wrote makes me wonder if they're trying to make you quit (but don't want to fire you)?

I would stick it out until I had another job.

Sounds like their trying to make you quit so they do not have to pay unemployment. If it is written as a full time job and they keep not needing you document everything that is said and file unemployment anyway and if denied file an appeal. Sometimes you win and can collect till you find another job. I hate people like that...spineless a---holes. don't have the guts to tell you to your face!

I would stick it out until I had another job.
That's what I had planned to do, but after this, I can't. I'm not working anyways, so there is nothing keeping me there.

I cannot file for unemployment if I quit, but I'm also still on probation, so there is nothing I can do anyways.

Do you have something in writing that tells the hours you work? If so you could go draw partial unemployment- but I don't know how that works if you haven't been there long. You would have to call and ask.

They did that to us in the hospital to. We had "guaranteed" hours until there wasn't many patients and then don't come in. So we all did it and they weren't happy but they couldn't stop us.

I would confront him also. Let him know that the person told you he just walked by. And you were guaranteed hours and should be paid for them. Heck if he trys to fire you, have a letter written out and so I don't think so I quit.

And if he is inappropiate start thinking of all the inappropiate things he said and time frame and write them down. A lawyer may be interested in it. But without documentation it's his word against yours.

Sorry to hear it. I've been thru it in different jobs. It is awful. I don't know why some people have to be so rude.

No, I have nothing written out. I've been there from 9 to 5 every day Monday to Friday since November 27, but I have nothing stating my hours.

Sounds like maybe the company is having money problems? Maybe thats why he is at the bar!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep us updated. We are here to support you. Looking for a job is not fun. I hope you find the perfect job soon. It is out there, you just have to find it.

Sometimes it is hard to find just what we want. I have taken other jobs while I continue to look. This time I am waiting to find something I want to do. My job is ending this week. I've been looking for a job for a few weeks but haven't landed one yet. I've been to three interviews, the first I didn't like the company, the second I came in second, and the third is not working out either. I am getting discouraged. My problem seems to be the area we live in compared to what I am used to.

It could just be a slow season. I would talk to the boss and ask him. Explain to him that you need to budget your income and if you have little or no income there is nothing to budget and that's a problem. If you quit.. you probably won't get a good recomendation from another boss... probably won't get unemployment.. etc. I'd be as gracious as I could fake it and polish up the old resume.

I'd lay a quilt trip on the guy... look for another job... file for unemployment and if he has been inappropriate sue him for sexual harrassment. (if appropriate).

God Bles..

Lynn W

I am officially jobless!

My boss "agreed" that it was probably best for me to look for another position :DOH! He has also agreed to give me a written recommendation at least. I have never felt as useful and needed as I did at that job, which I will miss. Hopefully I will do as well at the next one.

I have a 2nd interview tomorrow with a company in the town I'm moving to in two weeks. I'm hoping I will get it.

Good luck on your interview today, Lisa! I hope you get this job and will like it a lot
default_smile.png

sorry to hear about your boss and your job, but glad you have interviwes.

in september i was working 2 jobs and the job i really like wanted me full time, so i gave my 2 weeks at my housekeeping job at a hotel, my boss there knew the whole time right from when she hired me that my other job at a photography studio was what i really wanted to do but it was only part time. Any way after i gave them my 2 weeks i aso agreed to work some sundays and turn down shifts until they found new employees because lots of people were leaving for school. one of the supervisers had it agisnt me for leaving and started calling me 10 min before i would leave for work and telling me "they don't need me today". after the thrid day in a row of this i had it and just didn't show up to my shifts. I know it was not the right thing to do but it felt good lol.

i hope you find a better job with a better boss like i did
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back