I think I may have the winner

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaos Ranch

Reaction score
I've read posts on here bragging on husbands... but I have to say, I'm pretty sure Donnie (my hus) has got to be the worlds best most thoughtful man.

Tax season is always a treat for us. Well, this year not only did he pay our mobile home off (after only 3 months of having it) but he also bought me a gently used hand made Cherokee saddle.... It's THE most beautiful saddle I've ever seen in all my life. It has a matching bridle/reins/breast collar. He bought himself a saddle too, but no where near as neat and fancy as the one he's set me up with.

As if that werent enough, he bought me a surround sound speaker/subwoofer system to go onto the BRAND NEW COMPUTER he also just bought for me !!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
My first ever brand new computer. I've waited 8 long years for a new computer, and he got me a super nice one... tons of room... it's just perfectly spectacular!!!

Isn't he just the absolute BEST husband ever !!! I ask, Donnie...why'd you buy these things for me... he says, well... because you said you wanted them, and I want you to have the things you want.
default_wub.png

13 years together, he still gets to me. It's more the thought and consideration than the actual material things... but I love the things he bought me..don't mistake me... but knowing that there's probably many things he'd love to have for himself, yet he bought these for me instead just makes my heart go all fluttery.

He'll be bringing my new appaloosa gelding home sometime this weekend...and his appaloosa mare. I have got to find a home for this Mustang gelding... he's a bit too hot for my skill level. (anyone local looking for a free mustang gelding?)
default_biggrin.png

Life is really falling right into place for us. We had to sacrifice a lot of things we really thought we needed at the time... but honestly, it's quite liberating to be in the position we're in right now. We're able to enjoy life a lot more without fretting over so many different bills and such.

The kids are all doing great, my husband is about to open his own church. Oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you all that. A man gave my husband a church (my hus is a minister) and then tonight, another man called him and donated a brand new PA system and mics, and a bunch of new songbooks and a youth flat top guitar to him.

One very very sad note though... please, while talking about my husband here, I have to mention something quite personal. Last Friday, my husband's mother tried to commit suicide. She nearly did too... they kept her in ICU, but the stupid mental health examiner let her go Sat. afternoon. All day Sat. she kept trying to get her keys from her husband because she insisted that he let her run her van 80 mph into a tree. Well.. Monday afternoon she took a bunch of pills again and ran off into the woods, doubled back and hid in another house. After much searching they found her and she went to ICU again. This time I threw a squalin' dawg fit with the ER staff and they swore to me they'd do their job. We got her into a facillity, but they can only keep her for 72 hours against her will....after that she's free to do as she pleases.

Please...could those of you who are prayerfully inclined, and positive/healing energy and thought empowered...please please keep her in your hearts and minds. He just lost his hero, his grandfather a year ago... he cannot loose his mother right now. We all love her and we're standing beside her supporting her in every way she tells us she needs us.

Thanks so much everyone !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kim honey,,,,

So glad that things are falling into place so that you can be happy. You and your husband have been through so much.

Will send some good thoughts that the right person can help you with your MIL.

Glad things are going so well for you
default_smile.png

Very sad though about your mil. Is there anyway he can have her declared incompetent for now, so that she can be cared for....even against her will?

Jan

Wonderful husband!!

he sounds very thoughtful!!

Sorry about your MIL. Can they figure out the root of the probelm ? Why she wants to commit suicide?

If they figure out what going on then they can treat it accordingly...

Hi guys... I should have elabourated a little more on my mil... I just didn't want my post to be way too long.

We know what's going on inside her head, she's very open about talking about her feelings. She's having some pretty major marriage/relationship problems and her brothers and some other family members were very verbally rough with her about it. They also removed her from teaching and preaching in church...that was the last straw that sent her over. She had a complete nervous breakdown.

We are all standing beside her, or behind her, or in front of her,...where ever she needs us to stand. We won't enable her to pull herself down, but we will continue to encourage her and listen to her. Right now though, we can't talk to her. Not for another 48 hours. It's hard... not knowing if she's up there alone, if she's crying, if she's hurting.... it's very difficult for all of us but we're not backing away from her.. mistakes are mistakes and every battle she fights makes her more empowered and stronger for the next battle.

I told her you can't pick your family members... that's God's way of training you to deal with the rest of society....that's why there's always those few members that seem to really make you work hard to keep the peace.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back