I need to place a dog

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minihorseluver

Reaction score
Well, we just moved to a new farm in October with three dogs, and there were three dogs that already lived here. The previous owners told us that if we didn't want the dogs, to just shoot them because they weren't taking them with. Well, we did end up "taking care" of one because he had a biting problem, but we've still got five dogs! They're all great, but I only have two hands to pet them with. I need to find a new home for Grace soon, otherwise we're going to have to take care of her too, and I don't want that for her.

She is four years old, and I believe is an Irish Setter/Lab. She's really pretty and great with other animals. She literally sleeps with our cats! She has small brown, black, and gray patches all over her body, and she has these beautiful liquid carmel eyes. She's great around kids too. I'm desperate to find her a good home, because I don't want to end up putting her down because we can't have this many dogs. The other dog that was left is like 15 years old, so we're going to let her live out her life at her home. I live in Trempealeau, WI, and if anyone is interested, or knows of someone who would like a great dog, please let me know. Grace is too good of a dog to have to put down.
default_unsure.png
: Thanks.

[SIZE=12pt]I hope you find her a home. I'm way too far away and if I took her, it would make five for me...lol Good luck and thank you for finding her a home instead of just taking her to the shelter. :aktion033: Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

she sounds lovely, but getting her to us in AZ would be problematic... and she would make NINE for us. plus we already have one named Grace :bgrin but will send prayers and good thoughts your way for a good home for her...

as for the previous owners, some people should just be :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Give us more details:

About how old would you say she is?

Any training?

House broke?

Any knowledge of previous medical care?

IS SHE FIXED?

Does she stay close to the house or wander a lot?

How would you rate her activity level?

Got any pics you can post?

Sorry it took me so long to get back, I had a baby appiontment yesterday. She isn't neutured, but she has had her rabbis shots. She does wander, but her previous owners live only a half mile down the road, so I can't say for sure if she's going to wander at her new home or not. She's about four or five years old, and stands 24 inches tall. She is still in her puppy stages I believe because whenever I get home from work, she's always wagging her tail and literally begging for attention. This could be because her previous owners didn't give her much attention and she gets it now though. She doesn't eat a lot, and I was told that she kills cats, but I've found that when she isn't starving, she loves the cats. I caught her sleeping with one of my calicos earlier this week. That made me a little mad because I know that those people didn't feed their dogs. (She has access to a buffet 24/7 now). She gets along great with our three dogs, so I don't think that other dogs will be a problem. She's good with kids because they used to have a babysitting business here before. (My baby isn't here yet so I can't tell you from personal experience). She is VERY afraid of guns though, I don't know if she was shot at before, but I'm sure that it wasn't a good experience because she literlly ran into the door of the barn when we came out with .22's to go pigeon hunting. It's really sad, she was shaking from head to foot, and wouldn't come near me even when my fiancee had both guns. I'll take pictures of her today, but I don't know how to post them on the site.

You should see the condition that the other dog is in. She is a golden retriever that has to be over ten years old. They had burdocks really bad here, so you can just about imagine how well that long hair took to her coat. She is mottled with burdocks that have been in her coat for years. I swear that there isn't a 2"x2" patch on her body that isn't matted. And she stinks soo bad that you want to gag when she comes up to you. She used to just lay around, but now she'll actually meet you at the door for chores wagging her tail. She does have a sweet disposition, but she's getting attacked by a scissors, then a bath, then a shaver come spring to get all that crap out. Her name is Shauntee. I feel so bad for her, because she doesn't deserve this. She'll literally roll around on the ground trying to scratch, but she can't because of all the matted hair. I've had golden's before, and even if I didn't pull burdocks out of them for a year, they've never been that bad. I can only imagine how long it has been for her to actually be clean. There were even patches of matting between her toes. I can't wait to see her all groomed out though. I've been told that they didn't even cut the matting with a scissors because she doesn't like the scissors. Well, I'm going to have the vet come out to sedate her if she doesn't like the scissors because she can't live like this. It's too bad that it's cold out, or I'd have done it already. Well, I'll try to post pics, if I can't I'm going to e-mail them to someone to do it for me. lol.

Latest posts

Back