I NEED A NEW BIT, please help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds like plenty of great advice, I think the horse is young and green, he will get it all figured out with time. The horse is only 2 years old, it is alot to take in. A good modern does not come into thier driving until they are 5+ IMO...

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrea Miniexpress has a 4 inch copper french link they are great bits... I need to get a 3.75 one for Dancer we have 3.50 but they are to small- I really like those bits

Just a note regarding Sue's post: I am not sure why the tape measure is turned the way it is in the photo but,for anyone reading that isn't already aware, you measure a bit from the inside of the cheekpiece across the part that goes in the mouth to the inside of the other cheek piece not, as it appears in that photo, from top to bottom of the cheeks.
It is to show the legnth of the cheek pieces, only. Some of the mini bits have HUGE cheeks, so I think this is to show these ones are made in the proper proportion. I just copied and pasted from the Iowa Valley site.
default_biggrin.png

I also have the miniexpress french link--3 of them. I think their sizing is a little smaller than other companies. For 3 3/4, I'd order the 4". I've been using them for several years and have no problem with the copper being chewed or any construction issues.

Thanks for the links, I am going to go shopping now
default_smile.png

Again, not really looking for training advice per se, just looking for something he might be more comfortable in to fit his mouth.

Thanks!!!

Andrea

Latest posts

Back