I missed having a bird...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeperofthehorses

Reaction score
I went to a bird store today to see how I felt about other birds. Darrin and I have been catching ourselves talking to Dave-the-Bird every time we go in the kitchen since he left us on the 1st. It's too quiet, too lonely, too depressing.

This little baby was in a pen of about 15 other baby cockatiels. She picked me; followed me all around her pen, climbed up my arm and wouldn't get off of me. A lady in the store said, "That bird has picked you, you'd better take her home." So I did.
aktion033.gif

We haven't named her yet. Mostly because we aren't positive she is a she. A name will come to us soon I'm sure. She's very unusually marked, almost solid white, no cheek patches, with grey wing bars. She's hand-raised, so really sweet and comfortable with people. She's about 13 weeks old. I hope to have her just as long as I had my old Dave bird. It's wonderful to have a bird in the house again!!!
yes.gif

Eeegads, big giant picture... I've tried to resize, sorry.

100_0641.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish you lived closer. I'm not having much luck re-homeing ours.

I wish you many happy years with your new little friend.

Awww....she/he is so pretty !!! And she/he looks so comfy in your hand
yes.gif

Congratulations
smile.gif

Sue
smile.gif

What a special little sweet pea!

We have one very much like her, no pink/peach either.....My daughter named her --

"Angel" .... (She IS a girl, as she lays eggs regularly!
rolleyes.gif
) Problem is, our little

sweet Angel's vocal talent is a WOLF WHISTLE!
laugh.gif

Wishing you many birdie years with your new little one.....

MA

She's really pretty! I also have a cockatiel. Her name is Squeegee. When I bought her, I was told she was a male. Every one that knew anything about tiels told me she was a male. She makes awful screeching noises, never picked up a nice tune. At about 3 years old, she started laying eggs.
new_shocked.gif
She has been doing it every year now, just 1 or 2 clutches during the winter.

Our Ishta Kota was born in 1991! She is a white with orange cheek spots. She? looks so sweet and pretty. She looks like a "Calida" which means lovely lady. Glad you both have a new friend.

Marty! If you can get those birds to NY I'll take em!

That is wonderful,, I love it!! Your bird knew you would be the best Mom!

Ma, Wolf whistle ha?? Bought my son a Bourke for his birthday,, guess what..... the Bourke can do a wolf whistle too!! I had to do a double take..wasn't sure I was hearing what I was hearing.
rolleyes.gif
Figures, he is a "boys" bird. Hopefully DS doesn't teach this one to make.......back firing sounds.
wacko.gif

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
PRETTY BIRD

brings back memories I used to show tiels
wink.gif

What a little cutie! I use to have tiels too. Dinimore--gee, can I send mine flying over to you too?? There are some days my house is anything but quiet
biggrin.gif
, my mccaw -Clyde never knows when to shut up, and has been known to tell people who dont pay attention to him..to "shut up and get out" ..NOOOO, I did not teach him that!
wink.gif
between his constant talking and mimicking he can drive me nuts
default_wink.png
:but I can help but love the birdies
wub.gif
I also have 5 finches. and Lori--(luvmycritters) now owns my african gray. I also had a very large Moluccan Cockatoo, who I sold to a great home in Georgia, and his new owner even drove up in a bad snowstorn to pick him up!
BoogieandMccall.jpg

Congradulations on your new cockatiel!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
I wish you many happy, fun filled years with your new baby!!
rolleyes.gif
She/he is very pretty - did the pet store tell you the color mutation? It might be possible to tell the sex by that...I have two "tiels" ( Twinkie - a lutino hen and Cricket - a pied male. ) I also have Francious, my Umbrella Cockatoo and Echo, my Timneh African Grey. ( I love this guy - thanks agian Corinne! ) Not to mention finches. Here are a couple of pics.

It's hard to tell - but my step daughter Kellie is playing catch with Francious here.

08a890b5.jpg

Kellie and Echo posing.
smile.gif

LINZMEYERSSEPT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back