I"M SO SAD

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad your babies are home & doing fine!

No, it isn't really "nothing" to take an animal in for spaying or neutering, and I never ever take it for granted now that they'll all come through just fine. A year & a half ago I took two male cats in to be neutered. One, my gorgeous Moe, died on the table. It turned out that he had cardiomyopathy; he was only 10 months old but his heart was already very enlarged, and it just couldn't cope with the anesthetic. He was a big fluffy orange fellow, possibly the handsomest cat we've ever had with a personality that was all his own--I always felt he was too perfect & something was going to happen to him, I just didn't expect to lose him that day in that way! I felt so bad that I didn't get to say goodbye to him--I just told him it would be okay & I'd see him later. Now when I take a cat in for surgery, I don't tell 'em that--I just say I love them & goodbye for now....just in case.

Minimor,

I'm sorry about your cat. My Mom ran a Vet hospital for 25 years and I remember how many times routine surgery went wrong. You just never know.

Latest posts

Back