I"M SO SAD

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horse Hugs

Reaction score
I dropped both my Sheltie puppies at the Vets this morning for their spay and neuter. It broke my heart to leave them. They looked so scared. The Vet won't do the surgery until around noon time so they have to sit in a cage all morning. I know they'll survive- I just feel so bad. They couldn't understand why I wouldn't give them their breakfast this morning and then I take them and drop them at a scary place with lots of barking dogs.I know I am going to be a nervous wreck until I hear that they came through their surgeries ok.

One of my cats has been sitting here on my lap all morning purring. She either understands that I am upset or she is just REALLY happy that the dogs are not here.
wink.gif

You scared me there for a minute with that title!!! They will be fine and back to themselves in no time. It really is for the best but I do know how you feel, I hated putting Teddy through it too!! (((((((hugs)))))))))

They will be just fine, and Soo much better off for having it done. You are a responsible and caring doggy Mama!!

{{{{HUG}}} to keep you going when the cat stops purring!!!
smile.gif

Thanks. I know it's the right thing to do and I know they will be fine- but I just am such a big worrier. Plus, it's sooooo quiet here without them. My husband left for Chicago on Saturday and I put my kids on a plane for NY yesterday. Without the dogs here to distract me, I don't have any excuse to not get my work done.
laugh.gif

Sandy

Errmm....Sandy??? There is someone in New York waiting to pick them up, isn't there?? This is not just some way you thought up to be rid of them for a while??????
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
new_shocked.gif
rolleyes.gif
smile.gif

Rabbit-

That made me laugh- the thought of just sending kids on a plane to get rid of them
biggrin.gif
. Actually, my kids are barely kids anymore. They are both college students at Cornell University. They came home for Thanksgiving break which was only a few days.

It was so good to have them here- even if I hardly got to see them.

I know exactly what you are going thru with your little ones! Oh my gosh how heartbreaking it is to have to leave them there at the vet's office. When I had to leave Lakota for her surgeries, I had my heart in my stomach...I hugged her, kisssed her and told her I loved her. She was as serious as could be, and her tail (which is only a little nub) was so clamped to her body, but she went with the tech. Now coming home was a different story.....she smiled (doggie smile) when she saw me and her tail almost fell off even tho she was sleepy she was wagging it 100 miles a minute. I hugged her then too...and told her I loved her as she just sank into my arms...if you can imagine an almost 100 lb. puppy wanting to be held!!!
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

Your babies will be just fine...keep yourself busy and the day will fly by...before you know it you will be on your way to pick them up and they will be home once again.
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for understanding. I'm sure I am worrying more than I need to. I won't be able to pick them up until 7:00 tonight so it is going to be a long day. I am going to get busy and get my Christmas cards done. I should be working but I can't work today- I am too distracted. So, maybe this will be the first year in a long time that I have my cards out on time.
biggrin.gif

I understand EXACTLy what your saying. I have been thinking about this for the past week. I made my rescue puppy, Angel,
wub.gif
who is now 1 yr old. A date with my vet for Wednesday ...and I HATE the thought of leaving here there for the day,
no.gif
she is getting spayed and she has a small lump on the side of her foot which is also going to be looked at and see what is what. I have to have her by Dr. Linda at 8 am, and will pick her up later in the day. Linda is a very close friend of mine also, so she knows how I "take things"----just hope I dont start crying when I have to leave.
wink.gif
Hope everything goes well for your puppys, take care and hang in there, get the christmas cards done...and I will be thinking of you on Wednesday
wink.gif
Corinne

Oh you silly people - your shelties and little Angel will be just fine!
wub.gif
And just think how happy they will be when their mommy's come to rescue them!!
wink.gif
Lori

Aww...I'm sure they will be fine... I know it's hard - and it always seems to be that they are having a REALLY good morning right before you take them into the vet.
yes.gif

Please let us know when they're back home - they'll be fine!

Liz R.

Oh Sandy, you're such a great mommy. Let us know how they do and remind the kids I'm not that far away if they crave a home cooked meal!

Oh!!!! Sandy, I know how you feel!!!! But also know it's for the best and that they will be home soon recovering from Tutoring and O-Berry theft. Kelsey's number's up soon, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay!!!! I just talked to the Animal Hospital and my dogs are recovering well after their surgery. I can pick them up and bring them home in about 2 hours. This house has been too quiet today!!!

aktion033.gif
How Are Your Babies.....Home by now?
aktion033.gif

That must've been a terrible tug on your heartstrings to leave them at the vet's office and not be able to stay with them until surgery. If it's any comfort, you do not want to watch the little ones recover from sedation....pathetic for a loving mama to watch.

Here's hoping they recover well and laying on your lap this evening.

Cindy

They are home and sleeping. They are both supposed to be wearing one of those big collars to keep them from bothering their stitches but Austin was so freaked out by it I had to take it off him. I have a feeling its going to be hard to keep him quiet this week.

That isnt nothing. I send Jack in next week to get fixed. THey wanted to wait but were willing to fix him since I have a unfixed female in the house.

He has to go in the morning of the 8th and spend the night. I dont know what I will do with out him for a night.

I just was reading your thread & it nearly scared me to death just reading the title.

I am so glad the babies are home after the surgeries & it sounds like they are doing quite well, and it also sounds like you can relax a little bit now too!!

yes.gif

Oh, Ashley, that is going to be hard. I think it is a good idea, though, to keep them overnight. There is less chance that they get too excited and injure themselves. I was surprised that I could bring my female home the same day. I guess it's just like human patients- in and out fast nowadays.

Back