I lost all of my minis!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a horrible thing to have happen. So sorry to hear about your poor horses.

I would agree, from the sound of it, it sounds more like a dog attack. Coyotes would not follow horses into a barn and kill them, then leave them. They would work as a pack, picking out one animal and leaving the rest alone. Only dog packs will chase after a group of animals and just kill them.

Work on your police department to try and find out whose dogs were loose, and go pay those owners a visit.

I am at a complete loss for words, saying how sorry I am is just not enough. I really wish I knew what to say. I wish I could hug and comfort you in some way. My heart just breaks thinking of you and your family. God Bless

Rest In Peace Little Ones

My heart is aching for you and your daughter. I can't imagine the horror of discovering something like that. Many, many hugs coming your way.

I really appreciate the love that everyone is sending. CD (gray/white pinto gelding) was the smartest horse I'd ever met. He was all business. If there wasn't a snack involved...pfft! He didn't care. Katy (silver dapple mare) was the sweetest little girl. She used to set her head on my lap and snooze between classes at the shows. Morgan (bay mare) was the shy one. The coloring around her nostrils looked like the Dodge Ram. And Speck (palimino/white pinto gelding) was Mr. Personality. I called him "Little Sh*t." He loved everybody. He'd climb in your lap if you let him. He was my "pocket pony." I'm still in a daze. I can't believe they're really gone. I'll post pictures when I figure out how.

To answer some questions:

•  
  • The Sheriff Dept. was called but I have not spoken to them yet. I believe they are planning to have NC Wildlife set traps. I will find out more when I talk to them.

• The fence is electric tape. There was no damage to the fence.

• Whatever they were, they did not hurt the big horses at the farm nor did they hurt the neighbor's dogs.

Thank you all for the love & support! God bless.

I am so very sorry. Words are not enough, but I do not know what else to say. I know your heart is breaking.

Pam

I am so very sorry for your loss, I just can not imagine.
default_no.gif

I cannot begin to imagine the pain you are in and how much of a loss this is for you.
default_crybaby.gif
We lost a full-sized filly on Christmas Day when I was young but that was to an accident, not malice. My God. All of them? I'm tearing up just thinking about it. My prayers are with you and your precious babies.

Leia

Im so totally devestated to hear of the loss of not one but all four of your babies. I was there several years ago when I lost a yearling colt to either a dog or coyotes. I know of the extreme hole in your sole and heart. I have only read the first page but it looks like one of the babies was your daughter's.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Davie

Im so totally devestated to hear of the loss of not one but all four of your babies. I was there several years ago when I lost a yearling colt to either a dog or coyotes. I know of the extreme hole in your sole and heart. I have only read the first page but it looks like one of the babies was your daughter's.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Davie
I do not have a daughter. The minis were most of my family. Now its just me and two kitties.

I am so sorry for your loss! How horrific! I just can't even imagine losing all of my horses to something like that...
default_no.gif

I cannot even imagine the pain you must be going through
default_no.gif

I am so very, very sorry for the loss of your minis.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}, prayers and strength coming your way
default_sad.png

I am so very terribly sorry for your loss. Makes me wonder if it wasn;t a pack of dogs that did the deed. We hear of so many dog attacks against our little horses on this forum.
default_no.gif

I am so terribly sorry to hear of your losses. I live not too far from you, just outside of Ft. Bragg. I have heard coyotes out at night here at our farm and it scares me to death. My two minis get put up in the barn at night for just that reason and that gives me some peace of mind. You will be in my thoughts and prayers in your time of loss.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It really does help. I don't have any family other than my four legged family. I have 2 cats left.

OMG!!!! I am so sorry for your terrible loss.... If there is anything at all we could do to help, please let us know..... HUGS

Back