I know this is going to go just fine....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbyhorse23

Reaction score
We're finally doing it. Kody's stifle surgery (bilateral medial patellar ligament splitting) was originally scheduled for Oct. 19th after I return from the National Drive in KY, but the surgeon had to cancel and after considering the options we rescheduled for Oct. 4th. Now I'm not entirely happy about that as I will be leaving the next day for a week and a half and won't be home to monitor his recovery and keep him company in his stall confinement, but my mom is the best horse nurse you could ever ask for and I know she will take good care of him for me. And this way instead of spending two weeks doing nothing while I'm gone and then being stuck in a stall for a month he will get it all out of the way at once.

So I know this is a good thing, and I know he will recover quickly and well, but could ya'll pray for us anyway? Please pray that the surgery goes smoothly, that Kody recovers easily and that his stifles stop locking and causing him pain, and perhaps most of all pray for patience and understanding from Kody regarding his confinement and for my nerves to hold being that far away from my baby when he needs me! :new_shocked:
default_rolleyes.gif
: Kody is NOT the kind of horse who takes kindly to being stalled and he is going to be out for blood by the time I get home, I'm sure.

I know the power of the combined well-wishes of this forum as I've seen it work many times and would be grateful if you'd spare a moment or two to send white light to Kody (and a little to his mama) on Thursday morning at about 9AM PST. Picture him whole and well, backing and stepping off without a hitch! I will feel so much better knowing people around the country and world are sending him guardian angels and positive thought.

Gratefully,

Leia

You bet, Leia! My friend just had the procedure done on her horse and it went VERY WELL. So I am thinking happy thoughts for both Kody AND YOU!!! :D

Good luck and best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery for Kody.

Prayers and the VERY best of best wishes coming from me and all of Kody's miniature horse 'cousins' here in New Mexico, Leia! I have no doubt everything will be fine!!

Enjoy the National Drive!! I am SOOO jealous--have decided it will not ever be 'in the cards' for me to go--just too darn far! That said, I look forward to a FULL REPORT after you return home!!
default_yes.gif
:

Margo

Most definitely -- Kody will be in our hearts, minds and prayers

So glad your mom agreed to play nursemaid while you are out of town.

JJay

Prayers and best wishes for a successful surgery and smooth recovery for Kody. And I hope you don't worry about him too much so you can still have a good time.

Is there a way he can interact with a buddy while he is on stall rest? My big horse had to do a lot of stall rest after his colic surgerie(s) (plural) and we created a small (stall size) area attached to his stall so he could get outdoors and see his neighbors but still not run at all. I'm sure he was a lot happier than if he had been totally confined to his stall. We never asked the surgeon - we just did it.

Mary, we've tried to do something like that. We rebuilt the big horse barn so Kody can be stalled next to his friend instead of being shut away in his own area in the back (the pastures ajoin but not the stalls) but he's really going to hate not being able to soak up the morning sun and listen to the wind in the trees. I can't allow him into the covered area in front of the stalls because there's no way to keep Spyder from reaching over the wire and biting him a good one, but maybe I can use his portable fence panels to make him a stall-sized turnout area in one of the pastures so he can go outside on nice days and watch the world as he so likes to. I think that would help a lot.

Thanks for the inspiration! Kody will appreciate it too. :bgrin

Leia

Leia:

The LORD will be right there with the Kode man on Thursday you can bet on it.

Look out 2008 he's gonna be hard to beat.

Take Care

Whit

Go Kody, Go!

He will be all right and better than ever soon. Good luck!

:saludando: Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Kody and peace of mind for you, Leia! I'm sure the surgery will go very well and Kody will feel like a new man in no time!

Cheers,

Joanne and Fox

Good thoughts and prayers coming your way for little Kody. Let us know how he makes out.

You know I will keep you and he in my thoughts.

I will be driving to Portland to catch a plane to Fort Worth for the last few days of Worlds, but I will be concentrating on him being stronger than ever, better than ever and back to his full Kode-a-rific self as quickly as possible.

Thanks for letting us know, and I will check in and see how he's doing. You can call me, I will have my cell with me.

Liz

Leia,

I've had Kody on my mind since you first mentioned this surgery, and I know he's going to do great!

In fact, at Happs (while you thought he was trying to lip/nip me), he whispered to me "It's going to take more than friggin' knee surgery to keep me down!" Then he winked.

Take care, Leia, and enjoy the drive!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back