I Know It's Early But...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcwallis

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is going to be an AMHR show in West Monroe LA in 2011 and if so, has the weekend been set? I'm making some family vacation plans.... Just curious --kinda early I know..

Thanks

You bet there is going to be an AMHR show in West Monroe, LA in 2011. The 2011 show will be three days because the show last year was so large it ran late on the last day causing a problen for some exhibitors. For 2011 this is the line up - AMHR Show will be May 20th and 21st, this year for the first time there will be limited Pinto Horse Assn. classes on May 21st and the AMHA Show will be May 21st and May 22nd. Hope everyone can come and take part, as this is always a great show with three great judges. Watch the Southern Miniature Horse Confederation website

(www.smhconfederation.net) for all the information, entry forms, etc. after the first of the year.

This show is too far away for us to go but it's NEVER too early to discuss shows!!! I was just telling someone that all I have to look forward to here for several months is housework, snow, and cleaning a barn. With no indoor arena I can't even work the horses.
default_crybaby.gif
I really need to get a life!

Oh Sandee, wish you were closer because it is a fun show with great awards every year!

Love this show!! Always alot of fun. Nice facility.
default_aktion033.gif

Does anyone in the midwest (wis, iowa, minnesota and illinois) know when any shows are given in 2011. I have to put in for my vacation days now and are very limited as they go fast and only one person can be gone. help if you can.

cyndia

Does anyone in the midwest (wis, iowa, minnesota and illinois) know when any shows are given in 2011. I have to put in for my vacation days now and are very limited as they go fast and only one person can be gone. help if you can.

cyndia
This taken from another post ..hope the info. is still correct.

"THE DATES HAVE BEEN SET FOR A NEW SHOW IN ESCANABA MI. (2 HOURS N GREEN BAY AND .2 HOURS W. OF THE BRIDGE) SUNDAY WE HOPE TO BE DONE BY 2 ISH SO YOU CAN GET ON THE RD THE DATES ARE JULY 8, 9, 10, 2011. WE WILL START FRIDAY NITE WITH SHOWMANSHIP , OBSTACLE VERSITILY, COSTUME SINGLE DRAFT uNDER LIBERTY AND TEAM CHARIOT FULL SLATE OF CLASSES ON SAT ENDING WITH JUMPING THE OVER LIBERITY SUNDAY IN THE PARK SUNDAY WE will do the driving classes. we have a great arena indoors plus a outdoor warm up we have 70 ring side stall plus many others very close hotel and restaurantss across the street we will soon have up a web page let me know if you want to get on the mailing list for more information send me your snail and email addy we will let you know hope to hear from you carol sherbinow "

Area IV at Gordyville, IL. is June 17 -19

Area VI at Winona, Mn. is July 1-3

HAME in IL. is usually mid July but I don't keep up with their dates since they dropped down to one judge and ony 1 set of points.

Hope to see you at some of these.

Thanks Sandee. I really want to go to the michigan show but can't get the friday off before so no way I would drive up after work as it is a 5 hour drive. still working on it though. it is to bad about HAME but they did it to themselves. we will not be going to it any more as one judge isn't enough and classes are so small, there is no competition.

cyndia

The All American Miniature Horse Club will be having their third annual AMHR show in Cedar Rapids Iowa on June 18th and 19th. This is becoming one of the premier shows in the Midwest if not the country. Last year we had 168 horses making it the largest AMHR show in the country excluding Nationals. It has 4 judges, great facilities that are easy to get to.

Last edited by a moderator:
The All American Miniature Horse Club will be having their third annual AMHR show in Cedar Rapids Iowa on June 18th and 19th. This is becoming one of the premier shows in the Midwest if not the country. Last year we had 168 horses making it the largest AMHR show in the country excluding Nationals. It has 4 judges, great facilities that are easy to get to.
Thank you for the date. Cedar Rapids 2011
default_new_multi.gif

Other shows in Michigan;

Ionia, MI - June 4 & 5

Centerville MI June 18 & 19 - I think they are having 4 judges.

Midland, MI July 23 & 24 - among the best showgrounds in the State, usually close to or over 100 minis.

Latest posts

Back