I just have to tell you about.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karin - NaKar Miniatures

Reaction score
I have wanted to get photos of my horses for quite some time. I was supposed to try and get this done last summer. As many of you know, my husband passed away last year in June, so I wasn't able to get any pictures made. My husband was the one that usually helped me with this.

In early spring, Heather from Mulligans Run, placed an ad on LB about her daughter, Shannon, doing photo shoots. Shannon was trying to get her portfolio going. I immediately called Heather and scheduled her to come. I knew that there was no way I could get 20 horses ready by myself. I figured the more help the better. So not only did Heather and Shannon come, but I was also lucky enough to acquire the help of Kirby Jones, from Aloha Acres! It took 3 long scorching days along with dodging some showers, but we did it. I have to give a BIG BIG "THANK YOU" to Kirby. Without him I don't think we could have done it. That man worked his butt off in that heat getting the horses cleaned up and doing the handling for the photos! We all pitched in but Kirby did most of the work.

I would like to invite you to check out the wonderful photos of the mares that Shannon took on my website. Please remember that these are broodmares! Many were either heavy in foal or had babies on their sides. I like to give my mares extra feed when the are about to foal and while they have babies on them, so they're kind of on the heavy side. These mares were pulled straight from the pasture. Not bathed. They only had their manes and tails brushed, halter paths, ears and some facial hairs clipped. That was it. Just doing that was a lot of work!

Again, I want to send a HUGE "[SIZE=14pt]THANK YOU[/SIZE]" to Heather Troglaur (Mulligans Run), Shannon Troglaur (SNAPPED BY SHANNON) and the amazing Kirby Jones (Aloha Acres) for all your help. I REALLY LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
default_cheekkiss.gif
: I throughly enjoyed having all of you. Hope we can do it again - hopefully it will be when it's a bit COOLER! Still have a bunch more horses to photograph!

If anyone is thinking of doing a photo shoot or would like some nice photos of their horses get in touch with Shannon. Already at 18 years of age she has an exceptional eye. I was one of the first farm shoots she did! We all learned a lot. Just think what she will be doing in a few years! Look out you other equine photographers!
default_yes.gif
: :flirt:

If you like the photos that Shannon took, please email her and let her know. I know she would really like to hear that you liked her work. Her email is: [email protected]

Sorry, I didn't mean to right a book, but I just loved the photos that Shannon did and wanted to share them with everyone.

I think Shannon is doing a super job with her photography and is definitely up and coming as a miniature horse photographer! :aktion033:

My daughter, Cammie, and I have spent the summer photographing the broodmares and putting decent pictures of all of them on our website. No professional photographer here, but all of our mares are now pictured on our website. A lot of work and sweat (especially in this summers' heat!) It's been well worth the effort and a long time coming!
default_smile.png

[SIZE=14pt] WOW ,she did a tremendous job Karin! All of you guys did!!! What an accomplishment![/SIZE]

I was partial to Pizzazzy,,,, especially since she had her ears up! LOL!

No wonder you're pleased--sooo many beautiful mares (yes, I looked at all five pages). The pictures look great, and so do the horses. Congratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:
Karin - the site looks wonderful! I'm so glad you got your photos up and got your site updated. I know that's something that you wanted to get done for awhile.

We had a great time. It was hot, it was alot of work, but we got it done - and yes, Kirby worked his butt off. I especially enjoyed the attire at times....(shhh) :lol: It's was fun and I'm so glad we got to know you and Gizmo better!

Just let us know when you're ready for us to come back!!!

Well, I want to add a couple of comments here....

First of all, what kind folks to all jump in to help and get the job done!!! Kudos to you all!!

Secondly, I am simply drooling over your mares- all of them- they are all exceptional quality and the pics certainly show how nice they really are!!!

What a lovely website and horses!!!!! The pics are beautiful!!

Those are really excellent pictures and some beautiful mares. Congratulations on the hard work which really paid off. Excellent website, too. Love the layout.

GREAT pics!! They turned out awesome! Nice bunch of mares you have there!

-Kris

Beautiful photos of beautiful mares! I'm so happy for you! It was a real treat looking at your site!

default_thumbup.gif
: :saludando: :aktion033: You go girl!!! Hats off to all of you for doing such a wonderful job. So much hard work, and more than wonderful results. Your mares are definately "a cut above", and with my favoite stallion of yours, CASPER, bred to some of your exquisite mares, I will be waiting with major anticipation at the phenominal foal crop you will be getting next year. Heck, sitting here drooling at the buckskin filly you are keeping from this year. There are several more babies, I wish you would "give me", along with loads of your mares. "In my dreams you say"!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on a beautifully done website. Very tasteful, elegant, and classy, just like you. "Cept", if everyone knew how you drive, they would swear you were an Army General, hellbent on rolling over the enemy, and not the elegant, but oh so hard working, little tyke you are. I would hate to be OSAMA or the like, and have YOU be after my backside. Heck, they would die of heart failure, once you captured them, and stuck them in your vehicle! And who woulda thought It.

BEAUTIFUL, HORSES AND WEBSITE.

Hahahahaha, Ann, you have not lost your grasp of the english language!!!!

Thank you all for your wonderful compliments. The credit really goes to Shannon with her talented photogenic eye to get those excellent photos.

Becky - You have done a great job getting photos of your horses. So you know the work it takes to get

those 1 or 2 just right photos. You are very fortunate that you had your daughter to help you.

Sometimes I don't think people who ask for photos realize you don't just run out and snap a photo

of a horse. It doesn't do the horse any justice.

Kim - I sent you an email with a link so you can see more of the great photos that Pizzazz took.

She is really photogenic. Of course, I think she is beautiful anyway.

Heather - You are right it has been a long time coming and I couldn't have done it without you,

Shannon (of course) & Kirby.

Ann - You're not supposed to tell everyone about my driving! LOL Can't help it if I have a heavy foot!

I like to get where I'm going. :bgrin You can come over and "Drool" anytime. Always enjoy you're

company. You have some horse of your own that I could "drool" over myself. And yes, I am very

excited about my first foal crop from Casper. They should be awesome!

I still have a lot more work to get my website the way I would like it, but I'm slowly going to get there.

Thanks again everyone. Glad that you are enjoying the photos.

Well, I better get off the computer and go rake up horse poop & feed before it gets dark! The work never ends! :saludando:

Wow, those are very beautiful! Congratulations on a job well done (jobs, I should say, as I know how difficult getting it all "just right" can be!).

Pizzazz looks awesome!

Liz

Looks great Karin - you do have some lovely mares and the photos do them justice. It is a tremendous amount of work to get them all cleaned up and photo'ed.

Jan

default_yes.gif
: wow nice pictures!!! :new_shocked: :bgrin yess yess i definetly like!! love your site.. the babys are my favourite.. like the buckskin and cremelo!!!!!
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back