I just found this vid...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sad that because of STUPID, uneducated, backward and for the lack of a better word....Humans can do this to an animal...and then find it humorous in the year 2009.....

That poor lil horse.
default_no.gif

I wish I wer there ..that whip would be out of his hand in a nano second and on his backside .

(edited for language)

Last edited:
The HORSE was beautiful...right up until the guy decided it wasn't good enough and kept applying the whip. Maybe he was just flicking it, maybe he wasn't, but the horse's over-the-top reaction says he was pushing it too far no matter what and should have backed off. Jerk!

Too bad too, the horse showed amazing collection and rhythm until he was sent into panic mode.
default_no.gif

Leia

[SIZE=12pt]That is absolutely disgusting...
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
[/SIZE]

I think it's a half crap attempt at work between pillars, but it's not being done correctly or with any sympathy or understanding... & not benefiting the horse at all.

he's learning nothing but self defense there...
default_no.gif

The horse is amazing, poor fella, wish we could get him out of there.
default_unsure.png

I must not be watching the same video? I saw a crack of the whip across the horse's back end in the first frame of the video and who knows how many before the video cam was started. I saw an angry frightened horse from the very first frame who was only "collected" and "rhythmic" in his inability to escape due to the ropes. This was a pathetic display from start to finish.

I just don't get what they're trying to do, why they'd do that to the beautiful horse, and why they'd show it to the world...
swoon.gif

Awful! I posted a comment that I would be interested in buying the horse if it was for sale. Tried to sound like I was impressed with it so maybe they might actually sell him!

digusting,,thay were laughing to

(edited for language).

Last edited by a moderator:
ugh - I'd say spanish ‘background’ is there. Reminds me way to much of many paso fino folks ideals of ‘training’. Not all Paso folks are like this as I was lucky enough to work with a guy that did not do these things but still saw quite a bit at other places… sigh

Good for you babygoose - I hope you can buy this little guy.

I didn't see the video, but I do know one thing. You will never have a horse that is truly good at dressage and the piaffe if you force it to do anything. A horse must totally trust its rider to perform dressage the way its meant to be performed. Smacking a horse with a whip is not that way. The whip is meant to be a training aid, something you may lightly tap the horse with to encourage it to perform right. Not to frighten it with.

I just don't get what they're trying to do, why they'd do that to the beautiful horse, and why they'd show it to the world...
swoon.gif
I agree! This clearly isn't "training" anything. Doesn't one stop to think "This is wrong"? I'm betting this isn't the first time for this poor horse either.
default_no.gif
Very Sad.

There are a TON of these "dancing horses" here in southern California... very popular charro thing here...

Andrea

Oh I now see it's been revised: They changed the title, and edited out the whipping....plus, took off the negative comments.

Latest posts

Back