I haven't done this before so...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the loss of SOME weight I bet he would refine right up. He has a strong hip, and is balanced overall.

He was sticking his tongue out at you! Am I the only one that saw that?? :lol:

I like his type and from what I can see,, he would make a nice cart horse. :aktion033:

ln all honesty l can say for a stallion l like this type it's the old fashioned mini the ones l fell in love with a quarter of a century ago. Aside from his stubby neck blocky head and coarse ears he sure in the heck looks like he's about 35/36" tall and l happen to like his color. We still have 1 of that type Relic big chunky guy and l plan to keep him till death due us part for whoever comes first me or him he has personality to spare and lots of heart but seldom breeds anymore. Your way across the ocean so from some of the sites l have been to he looks like a man man not a pretty boy kind of guy sometimes drives me crazy they look more like mares then a male. JMHO but l still like him.

This boy would have looked just fantastic infront of a wonderful wicker governess cart I just sold. That would have made a pretty picture in your English courtyside.

I don't critique other folks critters.....

But he has 'something' about him that makes you want to look

at him again.

Plus the fact, he's' red head makes him good in my book.

I never see red as being a detriment. There is nothing in the

world that shines and glistens like a red head in the sunshine.

Just my personal opinion - nothing technical nor fancy here...

I absolutely love the "strength" that he appears to have, especially through his back and hind quarters. His overall look commands a very regal appearance - very, very nice!!!

Liz R.

Guys I am NOT offended by anything- this is NOT what "we" show over here- I have had him in the show ring and he has been consistent- he will never win overall Champion, just consistent!!

I agree with just about everything that is said, by the way, (except maybe the "blocky" head but as I have said myself in the past, you can only judge on the photos you are given!!)

He is on a conditioning programme- he is all "front end" at the moment.

He is one of those horses, I feel, where nothing is perfect but, overall, I like the horse himself!!

He is a bit of a gestalt.

But Yes, I asked for critiques of the photos and I have no problems with anything that has been said.

Please- if you want to just have a go, do, I shall not jump in and scream,. nor shall I run off and sulk!!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Oh and Yes I should have gelded him but there is not time now- I shall offer to do it though.

It just kept not mattering too much and it was money I did not need to spend and then- Oh my gosh the sale is nearly upon us and the mares are foaling- Know what I mean???

default_yes.gif
: I like Him!! I would like to have a couple that look just like him!

Love the butt on that boy! Something noticeably lacking on most minis in the US (mine included). When you see a good butt here it almost looks out of place!

I think you've heard enough otherwise and I don't really like to critic - there is always the positives in every horse. Your guy presents a powerful image and looks like he could pull a cart all day. Best of luck on selling him at the sale!

As for the geldings - I'm in the same boat. I finally have an appointment to geld three of our boys, one is my daughters gelding to show - but to late it's only a week before the show!!! Oh well he'll be ready for next year.

[SIZE=14pt]Jane, All of what I would say has been said. I dont know why you dont like his color... I do. He is what I consider old style but correct for that. He has a short neck and , while his head is proportionate it is "thicker" than my taste but so is his whole self. Like a body builder tho... made to work. That butt is powerful! You should do well with him at the sale.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Back