I have another "Grievance"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sherry,

as you know I am aware of the situation you mentioned about your experience. (gave her a little advice) You might want to add that many times when things appear not to be handled properly, good communication is the key to a good outcome. If you had never alerted the breeder you are talking about, he would have never known about the situation and could not have fixed for you. Needless to say your outcome was pretty good wasn't it. LOL Tell hubby I said hello!

I think the mentor idea is wonderful however one has to be careful. Many are experts in their own minds, be it trainers, authors or long time breeders. This is a breed where most are breeders within the first year and many become trainers in just a couple of years. You need to research that as well.

If they are truly experts are they winning most of their classes at the National level? If they can pick horses as well as they claim they should be. Are their wins in classes with competition? It is pretty easy to win a class when you are the only one in it!
default_wink.png
default_rolleyes.gif

Some great mentors can be found outside of the show ring as well. Many having not stepped foot in the ring but are producing wonderful animals.

I look for those that have the consistency in their program and are able to see not only the positive but the negative in their herds.

I have found there is a lot of great people around willing to help out if you just choose wisely and ask.
default_smile.png

"That is very true. Often times those people will come on this board and talk about how they treat their horses, the time they spend with them daily, how much time they spend with the foals and how the horse is child safe blah blah blah.

I see it written and cringe. I have seen them and their horses and know them to be unhandled, wild, ill mannered animals both in and out of the show ring. A lot of times we feel we *know* someone from their posts and that is simply not the truth." Bingo

Yes this is SO true, you cannot believe even that some do not even own horses but say they do. SAD!

Yes this is SO true, you cannot believe even that some do not even own horses but say they do. SAD!
How true! Several times since I have been on this board people have come on and posted pictures of their horses, talked about how many foals they were expecting, gave advise to others on how to handle certain situations, and then come to find out, they don't even own any horses.
default_no.gif
It was all a made up story.

Man! I am very naive!!! I didn't know there were people here posting about "their" horses when they're not really theirs, or they don't even have any
default_wacko.png

I'm right there with you Jill!

I had no clue people were doing this. Where do they come up with these ideas?

Man! I am very naive!!! I didn't know there were people here posting about "their" horses when they're not really theirs, or they don't even have any
default_wacko.png
I am so glad someone has a worse memory than me.
default_new_rofl.gif
It seems like it has been a couple of years or so (my concept of time gets more and more distorted as the years go by), someone was posting that they had 40 some odd mares due to foal within a month's time. That was what started causing suspicion. The person had been posting pictures left and right and when people began to recognize photos of other members horses, it all came crashing down. The poster immediately stoped (banned, I'm sure) and that was the end of that. Probably a child with no parental supervision, but it went on for some time before discovered. That was the most recent one I remember, but there were others, less severe before that.

Oh wow! Yeah, I sure did miss that one. I'd have gotten a good laugh too if some of my own were part of that person's herd!!!

Oh wow! Yeah, I sure did miss that one. I'd have gotten a good laugh too if some of my own were part of that person's herd!!!
People were not laughing. They were very angry. The poster was using the name of one horse with a picture of another. Not an accident, doing this on purpose and claiming they owned horses they did not. Hope we don't have another episode like that.

Latest posts

Back