I guess I can show of my new jack donkey

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marnie

Reaction score
He's mine, in a way, I've sent the deposit, I'll get him home about the end of Feb. His name is Redsunglo.

RedsungloSide.jpg

RedsungloBack.jpg

Now I'm looking for a sorrel jenny, I want to ad one to the herd this year. But looking is half the fun.

But to get him, I have to sell my spotted jack, Mr Sprite as I have my black Tarbaby too and I can't have 3 jacks with just 11 jennys. Or I could maybe rob a bank and buy 10 more jennys! Just kidding!

Do you guys like him?

Marnie..when your robbing the bank...could you get a some extra for me??(just kidding too!!) :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :lol: :lol: You already know I like him, and I am glad you sent a deposit on him. Hes nice looking. You treated yourself to a very nice christmas gift.
default_yes.gif
: Corinne

[SIZE=12pt]Marnie, he is very handsome!
default_wub.png
: Can you keeps jacks together, do they get along? Or do they need to be kept separate? Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

HE'S VERY CUTE. I HAD A SORREL JACK, HE WAS SO PRETTY, GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN LOOKING FOR YOUR JENNY
default_yes.gif
: ! NIKKI

Marnie, I LOVE him! I can't wait to get down there this summer to visit and see him! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Thanks guys, I think his color is gorgeous too. His full name is LN Braying Hills Redsunglo (I love his name) and his whole pedigree is sorrel. I don't know if you can keep jacks together, I don't keep my horse studs together either, they may be ok until one day. I was told I can't keep a jack and a horse stud together either as one day the jack will get a hair up his you know what and attack the horse stallion. I'd thought it'd be the other way around but they tell me jacks are very unpredictable and can be viscious. Bonnie, I could get him now, I have Roricks lined up, they come this trip every two wks (he's in southern MO, 675 miles) but I have no place to put him. I asked the owners how long they can keep him without him being in there way and they'd said two months so that's what we've decided on. I have two months to find Mr Sprite a new home now. But I am very anxious to get him but have learned to be patient in dealing with buying and sales. And those two months will go by so quickly, just think, springs almost here. I'm sure I'll see a robin one of these days.

Yeh, Tiff, come on down, sorry I couldn't come with Donna and Lisa a couple wks ago but hey, some people have to work for a living!
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Marnie he is stunning! WOW
default_wub.png
: I hope you find Mr. Sprite an awesome home (near by so you can visit ;) )

I'll have to get down there one of these weekends if it doesn't get too cold :lol: . We still have Justyn (stud colt out of Josie) and Babe (the jack we got from Lisa) together, they stall together too. As a mattter of fact we have Babe, Justyn, Ace (6-18-06), Frankie (6-1-06) and my black stud Jet pastured together at the moment! I haven't seen any viscious or mean-spirited behavior from Babe... When told to go get the other horses he goes and grabs their halter and brings them to Ronny so they can be brought in! It's interesting because he doesn't do it unless he's told to go get them. He's actually very gentle with the babies too.

Yeh, Tiff, come on down, sorry I couldn't come with Donna and Lisa a couple wks ago but hey, some people have to work for a living!
default_wink.png
:
We'll have to do lunch with Donna and Lisa and you when you have a day available.
default_yes.gif
: The food at the place we went to in Durand was pretty good!

P.s. Did you get the email with the dates?

[SIZE=14pt]He is just perfect
default_yes.gif
: How old is he?
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]As for keeping Jacks together....I did with the babies that were born here and their Daddy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]He was very good with them...but one particular time when Braydy was 7-8 months old the playing got real rough....Daddy wasn't playing anymore (I am sure Braydy was getting sexually mature) and Daddy looked at him as competition. Chunks of Braydy's mane started missing....it was time to find Braydy a new home. The other lil Jacks I had... were adopted before E'ore saw them as a threat.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]*but be VERY careful putting intact Jacks with anything,,,,BIG or small. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I have read some stories of some very BAD Jacks.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Mine was just a sweetie
default_wub.png
:
[/SIZE]

hhhmmmm too bad this didn't happen sooner, i was looking for a spotted jack... but Shawna found me one in November.

congrats, your sorrel is gorgeous! but seems to me i heard someone say not too long ago, what the heck, put up another pen or two and get a few more jennets and KEEP your spotted jack LOL.

Perhaps Brenlane Farms & I could work out something
default_wink.png
: ???I see he is reading this.

I'd love a spotted jack but I'm after a small one & no space here either....

as I have 5-6 mini horse stallions already
default_yes.gif
:

But Ontario needs some new stock....hmmmm?

Forgot to say...Congrats on the new boy! Great Colour!!!

:bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

Sandy

Marnie,

He is a little beauty!! Love that color!!!

Oh, MY!!! Now when my 2 little jennys Jayda and Jenna are old enough they will have their pick of boys!!

I still can't get over how adorable Kizzie and Kenny are!! Baby donkeys are just sooooo darn cute with those looooooong ears!!!

OH MY!! :new_shocked:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

What a BEAUTIFUL JACK TOO!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! :aktion033: :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
:

Boy you are going to have some nice little one next year!!!
default_wub.png
:

Hubby has always wanted a donkey!! :lol:

Maybe we will have to check into a baby one next year!!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Jeri

Oh Marnie, he is truely unique and very very handsome! Congratulations! :aktion033:

Back