I Got A New "Pony" -- It's much more efficient than my others ☺

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I've been thinking of "replacing" my commuting vehicle for awhile now. I kept my old one because it's 4wd and handy, but I put a lot of miles on it and wanted something different. There was one GM product I really like, but I just can't do GM right now (political). If not for that, I'd have gotten a new car last year but I just couldn't come up with something I liked and felt good about until recently after reading some information / reseach I hadn't seen prior.

This is my new ride, and I love it. It has the "new" Ford 3.7L aluminum V6 engine that has 305hp but still gets 19/31 mpgl It's the only production engine that has that good a ratio -- older V6 mustangs had a 4.0L V6 that had only 240hp and much worse fuel economy... not very girly of me but that and that it's an American brand is what sold me on the car. It also has the Pony and Performance packages on / in it. LOTS of pep and so efficient.

Picked it up at a great price at Carmax last week. Great experience, as I was in there and out of there in about an hour, having previously paid a small amount for them to transport the car to my local Carmax from one in PA so I could look at it and see if I wanted it. It has all the bells and whistles and only 15k miles on it. SO much fun to drive, and I have driven some nice cars in my time (I'm a car nut). This one is just doing it for me in a big way
default_yes.gif

PS -- Just by pressying a button, I can change the color of the guage lighting and the ambient / accent interior lighting to many different colors and combinations, including PURPLE, so you know I love having purple lighs in my car!

This is a picture that shows the color as it looks:

548870_10150965594908155_946698751_n.jpg
558172_10150965595083155_869291673_n.jpg

CUTE butt:

580987_10150965595123155_757121982_n.jpg

268265_10150965595208155_977311835_n.jpg

603557_10150965595298155_560055987_n.jpg

399531_10150965594993155_1500007365_n.jpg

WOOHOO, Go FORD!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mustang Sally get outta the way...here comes Mustang Jillie. Turn up that radio girl! Not sure of your music genre but it sure brings back memories of my cousin's 60 something mustang back in the early 70's. God must have been looking out for us carload of crazy teenage girls...we would have a slumber party in the barn, sneak out, push the car a quarter mile down the road, crank up, and go cruizin'. Teenagers...just crazy teenagers.

Just when I thought you could not look sassier Jill, you go and prove me wrong.
default_rolleyes.gif

A girls has got to love her ponies...always loved the mustang! Congrats!

Thanks, Ladies
default_wub.png

I'm so happy with this car and it is a blast to drive! That's a good thing for me because on days when I go to my office, it's 100 miles round trip
default_yes.gif

Once or twice a night, I get up to go look at it. Yes, I know that's crazy
default_biggrin.png

Keep a good eye on your oil stick no matter what your gauges say. Some new mustangs are having a problem with burning too much oil and the owners find out after there has been some damage to the motor. ford has replaced the motor on some and replaced the car for others. Not saying yours will have it but but better to know to watch instead of hearing the engine start knocking...

Oh and have a blast with your new pony!!!

Well, that's MY FAVORITE color !!! Enjoy it. Daughter has one, that looks just like it except....silver gray......Boooo.

Enjoy it !
default_yes.gif

You've got GREAT taste!!!! VERY nice, my friend, very nice!!!!!
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif

I'll take a whole herd of those, please
default_smile.png

GREAT choice, have fun!

Thanks, ladies
default_cheekkiss.gif

I told H about the oil thing and he's going to keep an eye on it. I had not heard of that being a potential problem before so appreciate the heads up
default_yes.gif

The car is a lot of fun. I look forward to driving it each time I have to go somplace. I have have purchased more expensive cars, but I don't think I've ever bought one I honestly LIKE (okay... love!) more than this one
default_wub.png

NICE, what year is it?

You would fit right in around my house.

There are 10 Fords in this pic. LOL

202333_10151941437590035_1542932793_o.jpg

615923_10151941449505035_1991848981_o.jpg

Thanks, you two
default_yes.gif

It is a 2011. They had some 2012's, but they had more miles and not the pony and performance packages I wanted... plus, I think they look exactly the same for the 2011 and 2012 models
default_yes.gif

We have an F150 that I love, but wouldn't want to commute in it (it drives like a truck LOL!). So, I've liked Fords for a long time, but now that I do not want to support GM, the choice became a lot easier
default_yes.gif

Almost everyone in my family owns one and they love it! I want one, but with what I do, I more need a truck. Lucky for where I live, everything is within 20 miles if I need it. If I need to drive over 20 minutes to get somewhere, I am going to need the truck for whatever I am going there for LOL!

Love your flashy red pony....My dream "pony" is orange with 2 white stripes going down the front. A girl can dream..
default_smile.png

Congratulations!!!!! You'll look great in it
default_smile.png

Very nice! I have one of those "ponys" too, except mine is much older (68) I love american muscle
default_smile.png
Congrats to you!

Thanks! I do love Ford and it had to be an American brand. I still look at the car a few times a day when I'm not driving it. Totally love love love love LOVE it!!! I can't wait until DMV catches up on their paperwork and I can put my personalized tags on it ("J1LL-O" on Horse Enthusiast Plates)
default_yes.gif

Also, it's just about getting that 31mpg's for me! I'm not used to being able to go so far on so little gas!!!

Latest posts

Back