I found my new home!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverdance

Reaction score
I am down here in Florida and have been looking for a home. Found one in Lake City. 11 acres. Pure privacy, last house on a long private road.

My horses are going to think they died and went to heaven.

Front of home

77382g-1.jpg

Front pasture area

front.jpg

Back pasture area

backyard.jpg

Back of home

backdeck.jpg

Now I have to get fencing in and a barn built.

Can't wait to move.....No more snow.......
default_new_multi.gif
:HappyBounce
default_risa8.gif
:BananaHappy

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!! It is BEAUTIFUL! Do you need a roommate and a few extra horses ;) i'll be extremely jealous of your no snow once it's about ohhhhh September

I lived in Live Oak and Lake City for about 5 minutes. There is a really huge stable in Lake City with an indoor ring and they used to hold shows there. Check it out. Hope you love your new place!

Well, you'll never have to worry about snow, but hurricane season and the 90% humidity is always fun
default_wink.png
I'm just kidding, the South is great
default_smile.png
It seems like once you live here you can't ever leave! LOL I've never lived up north but it's snowed here once in my life (also being the only snow I've ever seen in my life) and I honestly think that was enough for me haha...I don't know how y'all deal with frozen water buckets and shovling snow all the time
default_wacko.png
I think I'd die. The humidity is a bummer sometimes though...100 with heat index of 120 just isn't too comfortable no matter how desperate you are for warmer weather haha! And people wonder why Southerners live a "slow pace of life"!
default_laugh.png
I hope you enjoy your new home, it looks absolutely beautiful!!

wow, that place looks amazing. How excited are you????? I am a bit old to be adopted so if you gave me a bed in the barn (when you have one) I could clean stalls
wub.gif

Thats a beautiful place. I love N Fl. I live on the east coast of Fl, when we retire thats were we move to. If you drive there is Florida Whips. Has a lot of CDE etc events. We relax in summer pretty much thou.

Welcome!
default_aktion033.gif

Congrats on your new home!!!!! I'm looking forward to meeting you once you get moved. You'll only be a couple of hours from Ocala - lots of mini shows there. Have fun moving!!!

Barbie

Congrats on your new home!!!!! I'm looking forward to meeting you once you get moved. You'll only be a couple of hours from Ocala - lots of mini shows there. Have fun moving!!!

Barbie

I am looking forward to meeting many new Mini people and all the AMHA shows that Florida has. The trip to the World show will be the same distance as Minnesota, but my horses will not wilt in the heat of Texas the end of September, as Minnesota is already a lot colder by that time and the horses are not used to the heat and have already started to grow their winter coats. Razoring the face of a horse from Minnesota at the World show is really difficult, as the hair is the winter coat. Plus it grows back within a few hours.

Two months will not go by fast enough.

Good luck on your move I would ask if there are any pictures or what happens when heavy rains occur I k.ow that there hasn't been a lot of rain down there lately and some properties look great until you get a whole lot of rain then you have a swamp. I got burned on a property down there that very way. May your move go smoothly and uneventful enjoy florida.

Good luck on your move I would ask if there are any pictures or what happens when heavy rains occur I k.ow that there hasn't been a lot of rain down there lately and some properties look great until you get a whole lot of rain then you have a swamp. I got burned on a property down there that very way. May your move go smoothly and uneventful enjoy florida.
It is all high and dry. Yes, they are having a drought right now, but as Castle Rock said, no water trees. I also had a great agent who knew what to look for. There is also 10 acres of pasture attached that I may rent. That too is high and dry. All woods around me and the areal shots show a small pond on the property that is closest to me, and they are not all that close.

That is a beautiful place. My husband wants to move to FL. He is working in Jacksonville and we have been looking around there. Nothing as nice as this though.

WOW! This place looks like paradise! Hubby said if we were younger we would move to SC or Georgia so we could do all the shows in Fla., they have them year round, what a wonderful place to retire and just show and have fun! Enjoy your new paradise.

Latest posts

Back