I finally have a foaling cam up!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

After a lot of headaches my foaling cam on flirt is now up!! woohoo. Right now shes eating in the corner but normally stands smack in the middle and you can see her really well. Please excuse her stall. Its 5 degrees today and everything is frozen including me. She is bagging up but not fully bagged yet. I am leery of her today though as when she was outside every horse was smelling her udder. Usually when that happens the mare is close to foaling. Her bag really doesnt look like a mare close to foaling but since shes a maiden we are watching. I may have to adjust tonight when the sun goes down as we are having trouble with the night vision showing on the internet.

Im pretty excited as ive been wanting to do this for 2 years and finally have it done! Thanks for looking

foaling cam page

thanks frankie! after shes done eating shell come out of the corner lol. she has a feeder over there but you cant see it. my sister in kansas is so excited. we all went out and waved to her. Now you guys are gonna see me at my worst cleaning poop etc.
default_wacko.png
:

I just emailed you getitia! LOL. We are so excited for this foal we can hardly stand it. I just hope when the sun goes down its still viewable. If not we will fix it tomarrow. I have worked on this dang thing for 3 days! The vet was here on Monday and said she looked really dropped. I told him she wasnt fully bagged up but he said "watch her!"

Kaykay, I had to install Active X, but it's working now and it's SO nice and clear! Congrats and I'll be watching! :lol:

Jodi

aww thanks scoopie! im glad its so clear! its odd though that this is a color camera but even during the day it stays on night vision. Guess we need more light in the barn

I should have said that this is the mare I bought from Getitia bred to her stallion Grahams King Lee. This computer stuff has sucked my brain dry :bgrin

I should thank ric at wefoal for putting up with me. the poor man!! hes sure im blonde and i kept telling him im not :eek:

Last edited:
[SIZE=12pt]Hi there-[/SIZE]

Just went and looked - I had to install ActiveX and it came in really clear. Hopefully I'll be watching at the right time.

Good luck!!!!

Barbie

well shoot my clear pic is fading fast. I dont know why it does this when the sun goes down? Now there black at the bottom of the video screen too.

If anyone knows how to fix it please email me. otherwise ill call ric tomarrow.

the odd thing is it is still clear as a bell on the television set.

Just seeing a totally black screen Kay. It may be my Mac so I'll check on my laptop as well. But great idea, love to watch the foaling cams!

eta: Yep it was my Mac but it is still very dark with only the night vision. I can make out her shoulders and butt with her white but if she was solid I don't think I'd be able to see her at all.

Last edited:
no its not you!!! sorry guys i thought we had it fixed so it would show up at night. 2 hours ago it was clear as a bell. I have talked to several people and no one can figure out why it wont show online at night. I may have to take the night vision off the camera. Thats the only thing anyone can come up with. But it is odd that it doesnt do this on the television screen only on the net cam. They are both coming from the same camera so I just dont get it lol.

Ill let you guys know when its fixed. Sorry!!!

ric just called bless his heart
default_smile.png
I am going to have to get a light to put in there. we have vapor lights in the barn and thats why the picture wont show up when night comes. The good news is when we add the light it will show color instead of black and white.

Last edited:
Just watched for a few minutes..Nice and clear!

We've got the electrician coming daily to work on our cameras and we'll eventually (once he's done) put it up on our website like this.
default_yes.gif
: :bgrin

I'll be watching! This should be SOME baby, both parents are beautiful!

thanks so much kenna. we just love flirt! wow look how big she looks laying at this angle lol. boy i have a lot of stall cleaning in the morning
default_yes.gif
: she eats well and it shows

YAY!!!

But the cam wont show up on my computer for some reason. I click Cam on your website and the little thing pops up with the black window exept instead of showing the cameria ..its a black screen with that annoying little red X in the top left corner. I have windows XP, do i have to download something to view it? I can see all the writting scrolling upward on the cam page, just not the video.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm dieing to see this mare :lol:
default_smile.png

hi leanna!

shes out playing right now but will be back in her stall in about an hour. but you should be able to see the empty stall. (i was just in there cleaning did anyone see me? LOL)

go to www.wefoal.com and download the media player. then you should be all up and running!!

I downloaded media player from wefoal and its still not working. Maybe i should try the Active X as well? :lol:

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as Leana. All I see is a black box with a red X in the upper left hand corner. What is Active X and how do you install?

Thanks,

Linda :lol:

Latest posts

Back