I finally got him...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyLittleMini

Reaction score
Well I have been waiting for what seems like forever for my very first Mini and I finally got him yesterday. He is not registered but is registerable with AMAR. He is about 33 inchs. His sire is Deer Creek Tigger who was in the National Top Ten in i believe 2000. Dam is Circle M Totally Magic Doll. he is 2 yrs old, the reason he isn't registered is because his owner has had some heath problems and sending in the paperwork was the least of the familys worries. He has not been handled much but I was able to get a halter on him and he let me scratch his back a little bit.

Ok enough talking here are the pics.

And if anyone can give me an HONEST critique of him I would really appreciate it, I would really love to get into showing with him. Oh and yes his hooves need a good trim but I can't touch his legs yet.

sorry they are kinda dark

6cc0c1f7.jpg

cac4633b.jpg

e4188484.jpg

680dd681.jpg

633ba5b5.jpg

8b22aa15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]First off congrats!!He is very cute!He has a nice head,ears,his neck is chunky but I think thats just his fluffs (hee hee),with lots of love im sure he would be a very handsome boy...but then again I am just a rookie in the show ring...Good LUCK!!
saludando.gif
[/SIZE]

Sorry they are so big I resized them in photobucket but they are still showing up HUGE on here for some reason!

Okay im going to try out my very first critique here on what i've picked up on the past couple days on Kay's threads.

He is VERY cute and will be beautiful this summer when all the winter furries are gone!
yes.gif

His tailset is low ..it should be up much higher. Butt seems a bit high. His face is not as chisseled as most people would like. I dont like how his neck tie's in much, but its hard to see in the picture's and the fur. He looks to have nice straight legs. He is pretty well in proportion.

Here is something Kay tought me and i just love to use ...

(if you have a problem with me using this on your picture, let me know and i will take it off)

e4188484ss.jpg

RED: When you draw a box around the horse, it should be as close to a square as possible. As you can see it higher then it is in width.

BLUE: You see the 3 parts it divides up ..these should all be as equal as possible.

YELLOW: This shows how straight the shoulder is.

Thats really all i know confirmation wize.

Leeana

I did notice that his neck is kinda chunky, but so is the rest of him, I can not feel his ribs even with quite a bit of pressure. Do you think that with a little bit of a diet his neck would get any smaller? Or do you think a neck sweat would help him? As far as his tail set being low, its actually a little higher than it looks in those pics (but i agree that it is still low) but with all his fur on his butt it looks lower than it really is. Should I even try showing him in halter at all or should i just concentrate more on classes that are not conformation based?

Thanks

Amanda

Halter is all about fun and Compition!

Really, go show him. Enter as many shows as you can. Even if you dont place EVERY time ...who cares. Your getting out there to show your horse and have fun. Coco has 10x as many faults as this cutie and he is placed 1st in halter ..but didnt place to great in the champoin round. Mostly because the first day ...we were both exited and had the right attitude. The championship day ..we were being rushed and our minds were not in the right place. Its all about fun!!! The day showing is no longer fun for me is the last day i attend a show!.

You can fix nearly anything with a horse. Lunging, driving and exersizing will work wonders. There are some things that cannot be fixed but many things can. To draw attention try to flaunt he good points to keep attention off the bad!.

Here are some things i REALLY would flaunt that i like.

*I'd try to draw most of the attention toward his head!. I'd clip the muzzle and trim him up really nice. Add baby oil above the eye's and on the muzzle and you have yourself an eye catching area!

*He really has great legs ..there a bit long but very nice.

*REALLY NICE COLOR!!!

Using the good points to get attention away from the bad points really works nicely.

NOW...

He has really long legs and i would try doing jumping shows. You can go for speed or height when showing in jumping. Jumper shows go for speed (AMHR) and Hunter shows go for height. Both would be nice for him, long legs add to speed and height that he could jump.

If you were worried about his confirmation and you were worried about showing halter, do showmanship. Its kind of like halter, but judged 90% you and 10% your horse.

Leeaan

biggrin.gif

Congrats! He is a real cutie
biggrin.gif
I like him a lot! In my opinion long legs are the best! I have yet to see a mini with legs that are too long
rolleyes.gif
usually they are too short
smile.gif
Good luck with him and remember to love him and tell him how handsome he is everyday. You'll be amazed at how helpful that is!

I love long legs to, especially for driving ....
wink.gif

(there's another good idea)

Since he is 2 ..in about 6 more month you could start ground driving him and when he is 3 you can go ahead and drive him.
biggrin.gif

Leeana

With his color you could (in my opinon) dominate the solid color classes. I love the black-to-light-to-bay coloring on his legs. Good luck with him.

LoveCoco said:
He looks like a mini clydesdale! 
biggrin.gif

wub.gif
Leeana

532668[/snapback]

new_shocked.gif
I agree 100%!! What a cutie!

Ok.. time for my 2 cents.. Leeana I disagree with most of the things you just said... IMO Tail set is good. You did the square wrong... This guy is well proportioned, has a great shoulder(IMO) and Makes a Perfect square! I like every thing on this horse but the neck & I believe sweating will do good. MyLittleMini, you have a GREAT little mini there, please do show him, I think he will do quite well. Every judge is different, so don’t worry about placing.

He has really good conformation, just work on handling him.

~Desiree

ps. I LOVE his feet!!

Thank you all so much for your replies, any and all critiques are appreciated very much. You never see your horse the way other people can see it so its very helpful for me to have others opinions.

Again Thank you so much!

Amanda

I like him!!! I think he looks like a nice colt and I would very much encourage you to get him registered. To me, he looks well worth the trouble.

Also, I think he could stand to gain a little weight. It can be hard to tell in the winter woollies, but I think he could use a little more groceries.

Congratulations on him!

That was my first time ever trying to do confirmation on someone elses horse.

...sorry i was a bit off.

Leeana

Latest posts

Back