I feel silly posting this...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feather1414

Reaction score
Like I said before, I feel silly posting this but I am not just going to go to the emergency room if no one thinks it is anything.

Last night, I was feeling pretty funny, I though I was hungry so I went to Burger King and got a chicken sandwich. About 20 minutes or so after I finished it, I started to feel really funny. I had some serious pain around my belly button, and it feels like it was from gas - to be blunt - and I waited for it to go away.

All night I was in pain, with the same belly button pain. Though not as severe, just dull. I went to work, and it still hurt so I had some lunch and it started to get really bad again. I finished my shift a few hours later and went to a friends house and had some dinner. Well I had dinner at 5 and now it's 10 and I'm still in a lot of pain.

I was reading online that with appendicitis pain tends to occur around and belly button and to the right of the side, and that is where I have it, only it also feels like it works in a line straight down to about where the top of my uterus would be, if that makes any sense. To cough is awful and I get a very sharp pain about 1.5 to 2 inches directly below my belly button. No matter where I press the pain ends up back around my belly button.

I have never had a UTI, but it doesn't burn to pee, I'm not pregnant, I couldn't possibly have an STD - one partner and he is tested and clean- and after 24 hours, I don't think it's just gas.

It hurts to stand up, I have to hunch. I took a hot bath to try and feel better, when I was driving home I was almost in tears because it hurt so bad. It hurts worse to sit up, but it still hurts to lay down.

I don't just want to go to the emergency room if there is no real reason to, but I think if I still feel like this tomorrow morning I will most certainly be going to at least the doctor.

I have been sick of the better part of 6 months with various things and I want answers. I don't think it's unrelated that I am always sick.

Please, if you have any insight to this, please let me know. If you have had appendicitis yourself please tell of your experience because I know not everyone has the same problems.

As far as I know I don't have a fever, but I don't have a thermometer at this house so I can't exactly check. Not vomiting, but I may be slightly nauseated, although it could merely be in my head.

I sure don't know, Jamie, but I would call a medical hotline or go to a walk-in clinic if you can.

It could even be something like a hernia maybe?

I hope you're feeling ok, soon...I know the ER is a bad place to go for the cost and the wait times, but if you have even a slight fever, please hurry to get help.

Liz

Have no medical background, but was wondering if may be a hernia too........

Does your area have an Emergency Care Clinic of some sort?

Definately go to the doctors today...normally an Appendix will rupture withing 24 hrs of the onsought of pain, but not always. So if it was an appendix, I would think by now, way over 24 hrs, you would be so sick you would not be typing.

A ruptured appendix can kill you.

When I had my appendicitis, the pain was so severe I couldn't walk, I had to crawl, mine started around 12am, I went to the E.R. the next am about 8 and I was on the verge of a rupture...it was less than 8 hrs, everyone's is different though. I was throwing up and had diahhrea real bad. The pain was in my whole entire stomach and to push on my stomach caused extreme pain. Everyone is different though.

Could be anything really, you should go to the E.R. if the pain is that severe...I know I'm like you and hate to go to the Dr., especially the E.R.

I remember awhile back you having problems with your intestines...you need to have every test under the sun and figure out what's going on.

Sending prayers, keep us updated.

The pain is unbelievable - at least mine was. Even with the pain, I waited from Thursday afternoon to Monday morning to go to the doctor. By the time I went pain was down as mine had abcessed. Suffice it to say, my surgeon ultimately told me I was very lucky. My fever shot up to 103.5. It was awful. Because I waited, I ended up in the hospital for 5 days, home 3 weeks and had a temp for 6 weeks after. Get checked out!

Barbie

I had my appendix removed in my late 30's along with 4 inches of my intestines as they too were so inflammed the doctors worried they would burst which would mean immediate death. I was very sick and was in the hospital for six days. Usually with an appendectomy you go in have it removed and go home the following day, but not me - nope - when I do things I always have to go the extra mile.
default_wacko.png

Please do not wait any longer.

My pain began around 10 a.m. and by 4 p.m. I could not stand it another minute. Hubby rushed me to the hospital (although I was still not wanting to go - do not like the hospital). The pain does radiate to the naval - from the right side to the naval.

Best of luck to you - please let us know how you are..

Jamie,

I had my appendix out when I was 16. It started kind of like you described and kept getting worse. I was up all night and kept trying to decide if it was really bad enough to go to the hospital... my parents were away and my Grandma was staying with us. I really remember that juggling of "is it really that bad" and it was but never having been the one to decide "I need to go to the hospital"... I can just relate to how you are probably feeling physically and emotionally.

Don't fool around, go to the emergency room if you haven't already. It is life threatening if it ruptures. This is exactly the kind of thing emergency rooms are there for.

Jill

Any news? Jill is right...her story brought back memories for me being in my early 20's with no insurance because I had just started a new job. I had severe chest pain but wouldn't go to th ER...thinking I just pulled a muscle or something...finally on the 3rd day I broke down and went to the ER because my breathing was getting more shallow...to my surprise my lung was collapsed...totally and had I went to bed that evening my lung would of smothered my heart....spent almost a month in the hospital. Health is nothing to mess around with...even if it turns out to be gas or something minor better to have it checked.

Connie you sound like me...when something happens to me I go all out...when they removed my appendix they didnt clamp it off well enough and I ended up with nonstop internal bleeding..lost 6 of my 7 pints of blood....42 staples and a week in the hospital...I was very close to death...I figure I'm on my 9th life now.

Anyhow I hope you went to the drs or the ER and everything is ok.

Sending prayers your way.

Not too sure anymore about the location of the pain but it sounds like it could be gall stones. I had pain hit me like that, totally out of the blue and that's what it was. I agree with everyone else - get yourself to some kind of medical help. What's a few hours (if it takes that) sitting in a waiting room, compared to death. Quit procastinating and GO!

Last edited by a moderator:
body.jpg

Well I woke up this morning with no pain, and after taking A sip, not a glass or a chug, a sip of Mountain Dew I had the now becoming familiar pain.

I noticed that night that it is mainly set off when I eat or drink -ANYTHING. I was up until about 4 am because I would get hungry, but no matter when I had to eat or drink I was bloating up and the pain would come again. I had some peaches last night, and water, and a few crackers and potatoes, shrimp and a homemade burger. All of these made me curl up in pain on the couch.

The red circles show where I experience the most pain, the arrow shows where it radiates when I press on it. There is considerably more pain on the right side versus almost none on the left.

Ok, I dont mean to sound harsh here, but I would GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM asap. It sounds like it could be serious. People DO DIE form burst appendix, ulcers, etc. Please go get yourself checked out, no one wants to see you deathly ill or dead........please...........
default_wub.png

Jamie I don't mean to be harsh either but what in the world are you doing posting about that kind of pain on LB. You aren't a mini and we're not doctors.
default_wink.png
Get to a doctor before it gets worse. Still sounds to me like gall stones and they can give you something for temporary relief. If you don't go before then my guess is you'll end up spending Christmas in the hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd go with gall bladder/gall stones. But you NEED to go to the ER/DR immediately!!

When I had gall bladder issues, it was much higher, but really it could be anything...please go to the E.R. Jamie, tonight, do not wait till tomorrow

Jamie,

I sure hope you have gone to a doctor. I am worried about you.
default_no.gif
Check in when you can. Something is going on if you are experiencing pain every time you eat something. It might even be something quite simple that a little meds will fix.
default_wink.png

Ditto!! That kind of pain is not normal, and if it IS something that is going to burst or cause further problems, you dont want to deal with that at 2 a.m. or something like that! Nothing should hurt that badly...... I sure hope you went and hope all is ok??!!
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back