I did it! Here's my fall decorations

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I apoligize in advance if these pictures are HUGE.

For some reason, photobucket doesn't seem to be re-sizing my

pictures anymore very well.

Thank You to Roxy's Run for inspiring me to put our fall decorations out this year.

I tried a couple of weeks ago and failed miserably. Today I tried again and succeeded

and so happy I did. Dan came home and smiled and I got a big hug. Hugs from Dan

are always good.

Then he drug me off to the store to buy Halloween cookies for him to bake for

his friends this weekend. Yea, the kid bakes cookies and decorates them too.

Then he grabbed bags of candy corn and assorted

Halloween candy (which he now has in his room while watching Freddy VS Jason).

Boy is he going to be sick in the morning. He's really getting into the season

and it's not even October. Jerry came home and said the place looked nice too.

Three people in my house smiled today.

Here is a quicky centerpiece that I made today from a basket and junk.

Amazing what you can do with a glue gun.

I also have Fall/Harvest dishtowels and potholders in the kitchen too.

FALLDeco1-1.jpg

Here's the living room decorations

falldeco3-2.jpg

falldeco2-1.jpg

Falldeco4-1.jpg

I'm going to do the outside too. It will not be elaborate like we used too with

all sorts of Halloween booby traps, no graveyard, nothing like that. But I'll

put some mums out and some pumpkins, and decorate the porch with straw

bails and somethings. Maybe tommorrow if it doesn't rain.

Here is a poster size HUGE picture of My Archangel that the school ordered for us as another

gift from them to us. We just got it back from being framed and it's right in the

middle of the living room wall.

AAAAAAAA-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good Marty!!!
default_thumbup.gif
: 3 smiles is the best news ever......
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
Think of you guys often...
default_yes.gif
:

And a few more smiles from the Forum, Marty, and a big {{{HUG}}} too.
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Looks really great Marty! :aktion033:

Michael's picture looks really great too!

All I have done so far is switched to a fall desktop theme on my puter,...sad,....isnt it????
default_rolleyes.gif
:

You and yours are in our thoughts as well. :saludando:

Lots of HUGS to you!

It looks great! You did good! I love it all!

Marty looks great. Now I have to get busy busy busy......

:aktion033: :saludando:

[SIZE=14pt]Marty they are beautiful! Did you make the wishing well? Your eye for color and crafts is really a gift. I love to decorate to and you have put me to shame.... all I have for fall right now is a wreath on my front door and a tera cotta pumpkin on the step....looks like a trip to garden ridge is in order. Michael is happy that you are back to decorating![/SIZE]

Lyn

Marty...

You put a smile on my face, too, seeing you doing what you love to do, which is decorating!! Looks wonderful!! :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
:

Michael's pic looks great, too...very nice gift from the school!!
default_smile.png

:aktion033: Marty, everything looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of you, and the smiles you received from Dan & Jerry should prove that it was a wonderful Idea!!! Michael would be proud of you!!!!

I know it is hard to do when you are dealing with such loss, but I am sure you see that it is the right thing to do to continue on and stick with tradition, if not only for yourself, for Dan and Jerry.

default_wink.png
:

Karla, we have an eat in kitchen that is small, no dining room so that's it and I did it with washable wall paper, it's a chair rail. The bottom is dark green, and the top co-ordinates in plaid shades of beige tones and then runs a line of the same dark green in it.

Lyn the wishing well is mountain made by crafters up here which do this for a living. There are great crafters up here. I left it natural and just added a stain. I also have the big daddy model in my backyard, it's 6' tall, and they also made my picnic table for us too.

Michael is surrounded by his favorite things that he loved so much. He bought some of them too. He was always buying me things like that. They are all displayed now.

All your decorations look so beautiful, Marty. I'm glad you made the effort to put them out, and it seems like Jerry and Dan are happy, too.

Even though Halloween is about all the ghosts and goblins and such, I've always hated those ugly images of death that are supposed to be "fun". I sure do like the candy, though!

[SIZE=18pt]It looks great Marty!!! I was gooing to decorate like I do every year, but we are moving the last weeekend in October, so I've got other things on my mind right now. But I have a nice size proch on the new house to decorate next fall.[/SIZE]

Christy

[SIZE=18pt]It looks great Marty!!! I was gooing to decorate like I do every year, but we are moving the last weeekend in October, so I've got other things on my mind right now. But I have a nice size proch on the new house to decorate next fall.[/SIZE]

Christy

Oh Marty, YAY!!! :aktion033: I'm so glad that you made the effort, and I'm sure that getting the smiles from Jerry and Dan were well worth it.

I LOVE the pics of Michael.
default_wub.png
: I think he is very proud of you. I know I am. {{{hugs}}}

YAAAHHHHHOOOOO...after our phone coversations yesterday, I was watching to see if you would post pictures..Ohh, Marty I am so happy for you ..and 3 people smiling, that is just GREAT news! hmmmm...think I perked them up when I talked to all of them...lol...nope--we definitely know it was just the right time for some smiles, and I am just smiling as I read this! Michaels picture is beautiful, and you are right ..he sure is surrounded by everyone and thing he loved! Your decorations are really nice too, maybe I should go and finish mine now :bgrin (((Hugs))) to you Marty, Jerry, and Dan. Corinne

Oh, everything looks wonderful Marty! I love it. I know Michael sure is proud of you. Keep on smilin'!
default_yes.gif
:

Oh Marty, you don't know how happy you have made us all! Your house looks great!!

Well Dear girl now you have inspired me so maybe after the horse show Saturday I will have to get my arse in gear and get my fall/Halloween stuff out it all looks so nice. I have no real excuse either except I have had a flu bug or something and just havent felt up to it but now seeing all your wonderful decorations I just can have no excuse and add the smiles at my house upon seeing yourjob well done we are all so proud of you Marty and know it may have given you a little joy as well. You have created smiles all around you go girl.

Latest posts

Back