I can't wait to see this......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is quite lovely, Jane! can't wait to see him in the cart, with his blue ribbon attached. :D That is, if that means first place in England? Don't know...in Canada it is the reverse of ours, red is first and blue second. At any rate, he is wonderful.
default_wub.png

rabbitsfizz said:
Maybe we should split this post into two- one part can be the Ballad of the Spotted Toad and the other can be " Bullying Persuading Leia she would make a good public speaker/ Mini driving book writer!
default_wink.png
rabbitsfizz said:
A different perspective is what is need- and a bit more confidence on your part!!
Hey now, I have confidence! I was just trying to keep the focus on the Spotted Toad rather than getting way off track with my reasons for writing or not writing, etc.
default_wink.png
I'm a good public speaker and I'd love to come over there and make some presentations, do some clinics, etc. I'm good at what I do and good at sharing my enthusiasm with other people. However I feel that until I can say I've trained more than 1.5 horses to drive I have no business writing a book about training to drive!
default_biggrin.png
My comment about "What could I write about that someone else hasn't already covered better?" wasn't meant as saying I'm not worthy as a writer, just that others with more experience have already covered the same material and to my way of thinking there's no point repeating it until I have something unique to contribute. I think the question and answer format of a forum like this is a much more appropriate venue for my skills at this time.
default_saludando.gif

Driving Miss Dixie said:
Leia, I have read everything I can find written by you. Your CDE4VSE page gave me enough information to actually start it. Your early posts and struggles with Kody gave me hope that I could do it too. There just isn't that much info on this subject for the beginners. Sure wish you would start writing and showing pictures. Mary
Mary, it was so sweet of you to take the time to write this! I want you to know you made my entire day. I already regret not having blogged Turbo's early training here as I did Kody's but things change and it's so much harder with two "kids" to keep up.
default_sad.png
When I was starting out with Kody the only people who would understand my excitement were the folks on LB. Now I've got real-life mini friends I can call (all of them forum members!) and with the advent of Facebook it's so easy to share exciting news instantly that I tend to get that initial "gotta share" urge out of my system that way and then forget to do a longer writeup. It's too bad as I realized recently I've already forgotten all the highs of his first hitch, Kody's return to competition, etc., and I don't think I could go back and write them now if I tried. What a loss! Rereading Kody's old Khronicles brings it all back to vibrant life and I wish I could do that with Turbo.

I'll do my best to start posting more, it's just hard when he's making breakthroughs so fast and I'm spending so much time away from the computer. Darn that real life!!
default_laugh.png

Now back to the Ballad of the Spotted Toad.

Leia

Well, since he is going in fits and starts and highs and lows, and I do not "do" Facebook (I have an account, i just can't face it - pun intended) I am going to start another thread, now, I think.....

Leia, you need to start logging Turbo and Kody's progress as a pair, for all to see...

Latest posts

Back