I can't get a break....or maybe I can.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
I can be a bit of a klutz from time to time. I think this comes from me doing things I have no business doing in the first place and having to make do with whatever tools just happen to be on hand.

I've fallen off bar stools when I've used them as a step ladder. I've cut myself trying to saw thru meat with a dull knife. Just stuff like that.

So today is clean the ceiling fans in the livingroom day. There are vaulted ceilings in here. Um....I'm afraid, very afraid. Especially since hubby is not here. I pull in the ladder (instead of the bar stool....been there, done that) and I'm standing on that little doo dad that says "no step" and I get all three of them spotlessly clean. And I'm congratuating myself on what a good job I did. Still have all limbs intact, so far, so good.

I go out to the barn to check on Festus and he's doing fine. So far, I'm batting 1000! On the way back from the barn to the house I see a beautiful rainbow, which I turn my head to see. And promptly fall off the driveway, turning my ankle severely. Naturally I'm here alone. First thing I do is roll around on the ground for several minutes groaning (and probably getting a million ciggers on me.....I shudder at the thought). Then I crawl inside. Yes, that's right folks, I crawled inside. Thank goodness it wasn't far. Get all the way to the kitchen on hands and knees, but no ankles, and get a bag filled with ice. Hop over from the kitchen to the livingroom and prop up ankle on ottoman with ice on it.

That means dinner is out of the question because there is no way I'm standing at the stove. Hubby is in charge. Let's see.....what can he cook? Oh yeah, frozen pizza. Be still my heart.

Fast forward a couple of hours and a pain pill later and it's not so bad, right? I decide it's good enough to go to the barn to check on the boys and throw another flake or two of hay to them. BIG mistake. Had to hop all the way back to the house. I'm too old to make like the Easter bunny. Sigh.

I'm thru looking at rainbows. Next time, it's eyes on the road...er....driveway.

oh how i can relate!!!!

as i have gotten older (MUCH older!), i now take time to evaluate the situation carefully and i always think to myself "now, if i do it THIS way, i'm probably gonna be ok. but, if i do it THAT way and end up on my kiester, there is NOBODY around here to help me up and do i reeeeally wanna compromise my fake hips and my new back and reinjure that stupid rotator cuff that is FINALLY healing?"

occasionally, as i drive through town on my way to the dollar store and see a nice house with a nice fenced yard for sale, i ponder...but then i remember, if i move to town, i can't go out and fill the bird bath in my underwear!

hope your ankle feels better soon!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch...but I loved your story. I think I've tripped every day since watching that guy cross the Grand Canyon on a high wire...now I cant go a day w/o tripping over myself!! Who knows why?

OOOOOOOOOO, take care of yourself and hope that the ice helps.

That rainbow really didn't have the pot at the end, did it? (either kind -
default_whistling.gif
) O, and U R allowed to
default_new_rofl.gif
rather than
default_crybaby.gif

Back